animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Next AN Night - July 27 in Burbank

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Next AN Night - July 27 in Burbank

Postby Charles » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:58 pm

Hello there folks.

Our monthly AnimationNation Nights will be continuing on Tuesday evening, July 27, 2010 at the Burbank Association of Realtors Hall located at 2006 W. Magnolia Blvd. in Burbank.

This will be a post comic-con evening where you can share your experiences and keep them going if you attended, or make it your own mini-con if you didn't.

Our special guest for the evening will be Andres Alvarez, the founder of the Animation Design Center in Redondo Beach. Andres spearheaded animation education in the South Bay area of Los Angeles several years ago, and creates many opportunities for animation students through the production internships he coordinates and organizes.

Here's his blog: http://thecartoonartist.blogspot.com/

And the site for the ADC:
http://animationdesigncenter.com

There'll be pizza and soft drinks for sale, plenty to eat and drink for $5, plus the evening's raffle with great prizes to offer.

Looking forward to see y'all there.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Next AN Night - July 27 in Burbank

Postby Charles » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:09 am

Looking forward to seeing friends and making new ones this evening at AN Night.

2006 W. Magnolia Blvd. in Burbank 91506.

Doors open at 7 pm.

Andres Alvarez will be our special guest.

We always have a good time at AN Night. Everyone is welcome.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:58 am

Another good turnout on an evening when we anticipated a light crowd due to the Comic Con. We actually had more people show up than we did last month. Andres was a great guest speaker who was in touch with the audience. It seems like we're getting good turnouts to AN Night regardless of what's happening elsewhere. Thanks to everyone who attended, I hope you had as much fun as I did.

See you next month on August 31.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:23 pm

I had to miss two in a row. This month I went to Comic Con and had friends in town who I am working with who stayed with me until today, so my plate was full. I'm sorry I missed out on supporting Andres but I'm sure it rocked fine without me. AN Night has become a great time and place to meet great people.
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion