animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Living on $18,000 a year (or less) by choice...

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Living on $18,000 a year (or less) by choice...

Postby Charles » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Here's an article that I find interesting and pertinent enough to share on General Discussion since many people are struggling in this economy and trying to make sense of things regarding the changes in lifestyles.

Living on $18,000 a year -- by choice

Meet 3 people who live on that amount (or much less) while following their dreams. They're thrifty, sure, but also content.

By Liz Pulliam Weston
MSN Money

The term "low-income" is usually a synonym for "poor." But I just interviewed three people who wouldn't use that word to describe themselves, even though they live on $18,000 a year or less -- in two of the cases, much less -- without going into debt.

Their ages are 25, 44 and 60. They're all college-educated and have chosen to live frugally so they can pursue their own interests.

More...

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Re ... hoice.aspx

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Living on $18,000 a year (or less) by choice...

Postby jeffnevins » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:29 am

Good topic. But $18,000 seems like so much to me. I've been living roughly on $1800 a year for a while now- 8-) With a work for room & board agreement.

I agree that a tough part can be having no health insurance. I've been dizzy for a week w/headaches since taking a blow to the head a while on vacation :) , but have opted for more vitamins over a CAT scan so far.

Thanks for posting.
jeffnevins

Return to General Discussion