animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Conan the Barbarian opens August 19 '11

Film trailers, teasers, commercials and music videos

Conan the Barbarian opens August 19 '11

Postby Charles » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:32 pm

A new remake of 'Conan the Barbarian' on the way. Looks interesting. There's a particularly engrossing trailer I discovered that shows him in a contest during his youth, but it's not possible to embed it at the moment. Too bad, as it's really very good.

Let's settle for this trailer.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Conan the Barbarian opens August 19 '11

Postby skynet » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:16 pm

At least the original is a classic now or even a "cult" classic. The first Conan was so weird and goofy which is what made it entertaining to watch on some level. This remake doesn't bother me as much as usual because the style looks completely different. If they didn't call it Conan you'd might not notice it's a remake. I'm not saying it'll be a good movie because we can never know from a trailer but it does look pretty interesting so far.
skynet

Re: Conan the Barbarian opens August 19 '11

Postby skynet » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:08 pm

This is already available on DVD and netflix. Maybe it will be streaming soon. They appear to have released it to the public before the official date. Looks like it's not even living up to the original version for most people which is pretty sad. It got 23% on rotten tomatoes and 5/10 on IMDB. I think I'll still give it a watch sometime when I have a little time to waste and since my expectations will be very low, maybe it wont be as horrible as people say. Some people suggest going into it thinking it's a comedy.
skynet

Return to Live Action