animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Mighty Mouse "Frankenstein's Cat", painting is gorgeous

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Mighty Mouse "Frankenstein's Cat", painting is gorgeous

Postby Greg B » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:54 am

Just saw this on YouTube and got reminded of how gorgeous the backrounds are in this short as well as some of the painting. I would love to see clear prints of these toons. Those skies are reminiscent of those Fleischer toons and Disney toons. I wonder where the original art is.

Greg B

Re: Mighty Mouse "Frankenstein's Cat", painting is gorgeous

Postby Charles » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Boy, that is vintage Mighty Mouse. I think that's the second MM cartoon produced going all the way back to 1942.

Here's the first one. He was originally called Super Mouse, and his name was changed a little later, and for the better I might add. He's called Mighty Mouse in this cartoon cuz it was dubbed over later on from what I understand.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Mighty Mouse "Frankenstein's Cat", painting is gorgeous

Postby Charles » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:27 am

Here's another Mighty Mouse cartoon that has exceptionally well painted backgrounds, right from the start of the film. It's from 1951 and you can see how much the character appeal of MM developed since the first ones were produced 9 years earlier.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion