animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

My 1st Short Stop Motion Film

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

My 1st Short Stop Motion Film

Postby TheWolvon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Hello Animators,

After viewing the work posted here, I hesitate to post my own. I am actually a Personal Trainer with alot of free time on my hands. I have taken up Stop Motion Animation as a hobby. I spent $230.00 on this first film. (That includes buying the camera and software.) I am using Stop Motion Pro and a Webcam. Anyway, this started out as just a test film to get my feet wet and learn from. I really had a great time with it and by the time I was almost done, I decided to make many more.

I think I did about everything wrong and learned more than I thought I could. The sound is a bit off because I was experimenting with ways to make the sounds matallic. I am building sets and backdrops for the next episode right now. I would welcome any opinions you may have. This forum seems to have nothing but pros and I would love to hear what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4VXf9WkMxM

Thanks,
James
TheWolvon

Re: My 1st Short Stop Motion Film

Postby Charles » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Welcome to AN, and thanks for posting your animation. For a first attempt and coming from someone who works as a personal trainer, I've gotta say how impressed I am with this. A big congratulations to you. It's entertaining and nicely animated. Much better than I would've expected for someone just starting out.

I'm happy you joined the forums and brought your project here. Looking forward to more.

Good luck, keep creating and have fun.

Here it is for all to see.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: My 1st Short Stop Motion Film

Postby TheWolvon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:33 am

Charles,

Thanks for the kind words. Also, thanks for putting my film up onto this thread. I gotta learn how to do that. My next episode (with a little luck) will be done either 1st or 2nd week of March. Still building props, sets, characters, and backdrops. My dog Brutus will be the co-star. I taught him to speak on command so I could easily get his lines.

Anyway, I will get it posted as soon as it's done. :D
TheWolvon

Return to A.N. Gallery