animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

iBITE: Holiday Moment with Terry Reid

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

iBITE: Holiday Moment with Terry Reid

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:23 am

So my dear new friend and business partner John Felix (who has an amazing story himself) recently got married. Surprise wedding at his mothers beautiful home. Told everyone it was an engagement party and did the deed with no one expecting it. Beautiful people, beautiful house, beautiful setting, spread and...music.

I just met this cat, Terry.Liked him right away. He clowned me on my name in a friendly way, and BTW later gave me mad respect for my name, and we just hit it off. He had this edge to him. Street. I knew he was an artist. English brutha. He just carried himself in that way you wish you were. Ya know?

John had asked me to bring my cameras. I don't have anything special. Just a Flip and a couple of canons..My style is to show up double fisted and just film and shoot. Doesn't matter what I catch. Well I ended up getting some amazing footage of the night...one of which was early on. I walked into this room and there Terry was playing one of the most beautifully beat up acoustic guitars I've seen...and he was singin this christmas tune with so much soul...well, hey, check it out yourself.

This was totally spontaneous. He ended up being Music Icon Terry mutha fuckin Reid...imagine that. this one is going in my archives. I got some great footage with him. I'll post more later. its going to be part of my new deliberately random series, iBite..candid and real with creators.

Anyways, Bla. Listen to this...sorry for having to hear my stupid ass voice reacting to his music..I had no idea, I wasn't prepared. I had tears from the power of the music that night. Good times

Terry mutha fuckin Reid
Enjoy

SNAKEBITE

Re: iBITE: Holiday Moment with Terry Reid

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:26 am

I wanna add I loved my time with Terry...He kissed me on the cheek at the end of the night because I was giving him big ol bear hugs all evening. I couldn't help it. The whole night was so real and awesome..I'm so stoked I was apart of everything that day. I had to let the people know who were around me.lol

Don't tell nobody I'm a softy. :twisted:
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:46 am

You? A softy?

That was great bro, thanks for posting the video.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby skynet » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Great vibe. Looks like it was a really good time.
skynet

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:54 pm

this holiday was one of the best in a long time. The planets aligned or sumtin..lol I mean, for the most part everything worked out...Which me and Lisa needed. I'm glad I caught some of it on video.
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion