animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

More He-Man Background Layouts!

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

More He-Man Background Layouts!

Postby Rob Lamb » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:56 am

I have uploaded scans of all the background layouts that I have from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Season 1, up to my website.

Here's a sample:

MU27BG005_TauronsLair.jpg

and a direct link to the Gallery.

http://www.robertartwriter.com/WebGallery_01.html
Rob Lamb

Re: More He-Man Background Layouts!

Postby Charles » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:40 pm

Rob, thanks! That's an amazing presentation you've got happening. Those BG's haven't been seen since the early 80's. Truly historic and rare animation art. And you found them in the trash at Filmation!

I reconnected with Lorenzo Martinez last week at AN Night and he mentioned that he salvaged alot of his original BG artwork from the studio during the time of HE-Man and She-Ra, so there's some more original Filmation art that's been saved for posterity. I've got a lot of artwork I did that I saved as well. I might be uploading it soon to compliment what you've got going on here.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:16 pm

We should do a He Man gallery at my gallery in Los Angeles! I think it would go off!
SNAKEBITE

Postby Rob Lamb » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:34 pm

My website went viral yesterday with almost 4000 hits! My usual traffic is about 8 per day. It started with a post on he-man.org by a fan a few days ago. The hits were about 350 the first day, over 200 the 2nd day, and still over 100 on the 3rd day. BoinBoing.net and ComicsAlliance listed my website on their blogs and Twitter accounts, and then, BOOM!! -- 3917 hits from 79 countries!

Too bad I cancelled my Google AdSense account due to lack of traffic. :(
Rob Lamb

Postby Charles » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:38 pm

That's great news Rob. The artwork you have is rare. There's not much of it in existence from that special time. I've got two boxes full of stuff I did for He-Man, She-Ra and Bravestarr with a few things from Filmation's Ghostbusters. Will probably be digitizing it soon and probably getting it online as well.

Someone from the He-Man.org site registered on the forums the other day. I think it was one of the administrators from their forums. Maybe they found out about us because of this topic of yours.

Congrats on the attention your art is getting. The world should see this, it has historic value especially for the many fans of the He-Man series that are out there.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Rob Lamb » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:16 pm

If the admin hails from Italy, I know who it is.

Yesterday's hits were 2070. I've been informed that a concept art site featured my site, too.

http://io9.com/5722078/he+man-concept-art-reveals-the-location-of-orkos-bedroom/gallery/

There is a surprising amount of interest on the show we worked on way back when. :o
Rob Lamb

Postby Charles » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:01 pm

Hey Rob. Yes, the account is from Italy. Looks like an admin from the He-Man.org forums registered with us.

I just registered an account there and plan on introducing myself soon.

That is a huge community. Looks like He-Man She-Ra fans are substantial. People the world over are into it.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery