animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

The Art of Izzy Izzguard!

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

The Art of Izzy Izzguard!

Postby IzzyPanda » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi, I'm relatively new around here c: I was IzzyGuard on the old boards, replying to topics every once in a while.
I'm a little shy.
I have been a student at the Animation Academy for about a year now and I've known Charles a bit longer.

Charles has asked me a few times if I could show some stuff here. I've been kinda holding back for really stupid reasons(I'm sorry C) but now I finally have the got myself to share a few drawings with you all.
I draw lots of anthro art and various monsters.
My main influence is Don Bluth's work. In fact at AN night back in May, I gave him 'All Dogs Go To Heaven' fanart :D
I've also been very much inspired by the art of Charles Zembillas.
By any means I am no professional, the only work experience I've had was a few art commissions here and there for a dog food business and some people in the furry fandom.
I am not gonna tell you my age just yet. I want you to throw away age for a second. I can tell you though, I am young.
This is my main character Izzy the panda. I kinda use her as my identity online. I have an entire back story and plot for her I want to adapt into a comic book series. This was done in photoshop cs3.
IZZY_2010_by_ShePanda.jpg

This next one is Izzy's alter ego. She also has a story. I did this one traditionally.
FrankensteinMonster.jpg

This is a friend of Izzy's in the series. He's a western/european dragon with these big, sharp, snaggle teeth.
hero.jpg

I'd post more but the maximum uploading per post says 3. I'll upload more if you guys would like to see more.

I hope you like my drawings!

-Izzy
IzzyPanda

Re: The Art of Izzy Izzguard!

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Nice work! I especially like the way you laid out the colors you're using for the characters. Show your thought process and how your approach the appeal of your character. Good job!
SNAKEBITE

Re: The Art of Izzy Izzguard!

Postby Charles » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:41 pm

I know how good you are and I've seen artwork from you that's even better than this. I have complete faith in you and believe in your future. I know you're going to make a big statement someday with your art. Thanks for posting here Izzyguard. I want the AN world to see what you can do. Looking forward to more.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery