animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Animation Guild Holiday Party on... January 7, 2011

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Animation Guild Holiday Party on... January 7, 2011

Postby Charles » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Paul Burrows reports in AN's Festivals and Events Forum that this years Animation Guild Holiday Party will be held next year on January 7, 2011 at the Gene Autry Museum across from the LA Zoo.

Here's the link to the Guild's announcement...

http://animationguild.org/2011PartyFlyer.pdf

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Animation Guild Holiday Party on... January 7, 2011

Postby Charles » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:24 pm

Here's the explanation that Paul provided in Festivals and Events...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=805

And here's the official flyer...

GuildPartyFlyer2011.jpg

The Guild's hosted some great parties over the years, each one very memorable. They've invited everyone and I'm sure it wasn't cheap.

This time around, if I'm reading the invite right, it looks as if guests who aren't in the Guild will need to pay $5 to get in.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SteveK » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Charles -

Everyone will be welcome and no one will be charged. One of the original fliers proclaimed the party as a birthday celebration for President Filmore. This was an attempt at humor from Jeff Massie since the party falls on the same day.

The flier was not well received by some people whose sense of humor didn't quite match up with Jeff's. The text at the bottom of the flier you linked to was Jeff's humorous response to the response his original flier received.

So, if you are a supporter of President Filmore, a member of the Whig or Know Nothing Movement, and still want to attend, please find me when you arrive and I will gladly pay your $5 entrance fee out of my own pocket. :D
SteveK

Postby EAllen » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:14 pm

Hey, sounds good. Can't beat the free food, as well!
EAllen

Postby Charles » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:59 am

Free food and phoney smiles. Sorry, don't mean to rain on the parade, but so much goodwill has been destroyed by the Guild over the past couple of years, I've lost my enthusiasm for their parties. Having Bob Foster as president is helpful, but a lot of damage has been done.

In any case, January 6 is actually the traditional date for Christmas according to the old calendar, Julian as opposed to Gregorian. The Armenians celebrate Christmas on January 6 as do many in the Eastern Christian Church. Have fun on January 7 and celebrate the second Christmas Day of the season.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion