animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Western Silhouettes

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Western Silhouettes

Postby Schweizer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:35 am

Did some Western silhouettes at the airport a couple of weeks ago, and thought I'd post them here. No real story in mind, just playing with shapes.

Bigger version here: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/5198794444_782ca8c130_o.jpg
Schweizer

Re: Western Silhouettes

Postby Charles » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:02 am

These are very nicely done. Not only do they read effectively as silhouettes in general, the nature of the characters are communicated a well.

Thanks for posting. Looking forward to more of your work being featured on AN's Gallery.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Schweizer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Thanks! I'm excited to have learned about the board. I've been glutting on the education forum since I found it.
Schweizer

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Why not link to your site through your account here as a signature link, or post a link so we can see your work. Your avatar looks good and I'm sure you've got some interesting art for everyone to enjoy.

I just realized you do have a link to your site through the blue ball underneath your avatar.

Taking the liberty to share it here with the community.

http://www.curiousoldlibrary.com/

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery