animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Two videos, stop motion and animation!

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Two videos, stop motion and animation!

Postby monomouse » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:38 am

Hi everyone!!

I'd love for you all to check out our videos. They are music videos for an electronic project in NYC.
The videos are our own ideas, low budget but really cool in my opinion.

Would love to know what everyone thinks!!

You can watch both in HD!!

This one is fully animated by one of the musicians, who is also a graphic artist. I believe it's made in aftereffects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtndhtv8JQ0

This is the stop motion video... we are floating around NYC. Its over 2000 still photos put together. Lots of jumping!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgw7Rr2wRCQ

Please enjoy, share with others and leave your comments!

Thank you!!
monomouse

Re: Two videos, stop motion and animation!

Postby Charles » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:15 pm

Great videos, thanks for bringing them to our attention.

The first one is poignant and pertinent, and very much what's happening today. The singular character imagining a better world, an alternative to what he was being fed, then awakening to action and inspiring others to do the same is very much what this site has been about since its inception.

The second film, the stop action one, is very cool. Dealing or addressing reality is a common theme in both films. What I like about the second one is the look at every day life going by in Manhattan as well as what the two central characters are doing. Especially the illusion of floating in the air.

Enjoyed them, and thanks again for posting.

Taking the liberty of embedding both.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby emavatson » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:13 am

Both videos are good here and I like them , I will say you to keep trying to do best for animations ahead and you will be perfect in this art definitely and your current videos are too good .
emavatson

Postby monomouse » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:15 am

Thank you Charles!!!!

I'm really happy to hear such positive and understanding feedback. :)))
I also really like this forum and am glad to be a part of it and post our work here!!

Much much love!!!

Also, thank you Ema!! We sure will keep working and trying to get better at our experiments.

It seems that you learn so much about the process once you have a good long look at the finished product. Especially with the stop-motion video, there is so much you have to be aware of while shooting. But for a first try, we're proud of the finished product, despite the shakiness of the camerawrok at times!!!
monomouse

Return to A.N. Gallery