animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Next AN Night Nov 30 '10 with Joe Pearson

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Next AN Night Nov 30 '10 with Joe Pearson

Postby Charles » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:14 am

We're very happy to be welcoming back Joe Pearson as our special guest this coming AN Night on Night on November 30, 2010.

Joe is one of the industry's leading figures of independent animation and has for years been developing and producing animation for both TV and film on an international level. He's currently producing the feature film "War of the Worlds: Goliath" and he'll be with us to showcase the latest from his innovative movie.

Follow these links to learn more about WOWG:

http://www.wotw-goliath.com/

http://www.heavymetal.com/wotw/

Check out some stills and related artwork from the movie at this link:

http://www.heavymetalmagazinefanpage.co ... orlds.html

Last time Joe was with us it was a great experience for all, not to mention how educational and inspiring it was to listen to Joe's years of experience as an independent creative force in animation. So join us as we celebrate the continuing accomplishments of a unique and truly exceptional individual in animation.

AN Night with Joe Pearson
Tuesday, November 30, 2010.

2006 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91506

Look for the Burbank Association of Realtors building. Head upstairs to the second floor hall.

Doors open at 7 pm.
Presentation begins at 7:45 pm.
First pizzas arrive around 8:45 pm.

Pizza and soft drinks for sale at $5. Plenty to eat, no one goes hungry at AN Night.

Bring some extra change for the raffle.

Looking forward to another great time with the community. See you there!

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Next AN Night Nov 30 '10 with Joe Pearson

Postby EAllen » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Just now noticed this! (That should give you some indication as to how busy I've been recently. Some of my senses are beginning to fail me!)

Glad I'm getting a second shot to experience Joe's presence, since I wasn't able to get to the first one!

More than likely I can make this one, although due to personal sked flux, can't make any promises at this point . . .

Awesomeness.
EAllen

Postby Charles » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:41 am

Joe Pearson is a model for many animation artists who aspire to be independent producers. Last time he was with us the crowd was astounded by the variety and quality of animation he's produced over the years.

He's getting close to wrapping War of the Worlds Goliath. I'm going to post stills he sent us from the movie in a seperate topic.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:57 am

Joe Pearson will be with us Tuesday evening November 30 to discuss and showcase his upcoming feature film "War of the Worlds: Goliath" and we're excited about it.

Join us folks, you'll have a good time.

2006 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank CA 91506

Look for the Burbank Association of Realtors building and head to the second floor.

Doors open at 7pm, we'll get started with Joe around 7:45 pm or thereabouts.

Pizza and soft drinks $5 and you'll get fed well.

Great company at AN Night.

See you there.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Tomorrow night with Joe Pearson and War of the Worlds: Goliath. See above for details.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:20 pm

Joe's invited the storyboard artists for Goliath to be there for his presentation, Robert Souza and Brad Rader, along with the storyboards they did for the movie. A great opportunity to see the visual planning of a feature film.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Bumping this up one last time before we head over to set up for AN Night.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

2006 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank 91505

Doors open at 7pm.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby skynet » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:33 pm

I wish I could be there. I hope everyone has an awesome night.
skynet

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:12 am

It was another fine evening. Joe invited Robert Souza, one of the board artists for WOTW Goliath. His work was masterfull. The movie looks incredible, the machinery, the effects, the CGI 3D and the 2D animation. Everyone had a good time.

A highlight of the evening involved the appearance of Bob Foster, the soon to be president of the Animation Guild. I was really surprised to see him there, and very happy to introduce Bob to the audience. It was good of him to show up.

Thanks everybody for a fun and informative AN Night.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby EAllen » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Excited to learn everything went well. Still having to chase deadlines, but am hard at work nonetheless. I know that all these sacrifices will ultimately pay off, as you will soon see!

Can't wait to rejoin the exquisite company of you guys again.
EAllen

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:07 pm

this was the first time I missed AN Night because of something other then work...fun! good friend treated me to a Faith No More concert. Being a long time fan I had to go. Thats the only excuse I have...its a good one, though. I'm a big fan! but missed hanging with Joe and company and getting insights on his fabulous production. No disrespect intended.
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Aside from Joe's appearance, the most significant aspect about this AN Night was Bob Foster, president elect of the Animation Guild, making an appearance. It was a classy thing to do and gave me hope for the future of things.

Here's an interesting image of Joe as he was giving his presentation. I took the shot in darkness and lightened in Photoshop.

JoePearson.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Here's Robert Souza, one of the storyboard artists on War of the Worlds: Goliath and another keynote speaker at this past AN Night.

RobertSouza.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion