animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

www.ArtBySnakebite.com : Bad Girl Face (loaded from Desktop)

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

www.ArtBySnakebite.com : Bad Girl Face (loaded from Desktop)

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Having fun posting on our new message board. I'm testing out loading images from my desk top. This is a piece I did awhile back for an Original Concepts I'm working on.

The image loads in a window with left to right and up to down scrolling. you can get rid of this and load the image in the viewer by clicking on the image.

It's not the most efficient way to share images but a great way to dynamically have your work seen!

I love our new board!
Attachments
BGIRLFACEC0MP.jpg
BGIRLFACEC0MP.jpg (161.53 KiB) Viewed 928 times
SNAKEBITE

Re: www.ArtBySnakebite.com : Bad Girl Face (loaded from Desk

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:28 pm

Here's some process. This one started really lose. I wasn't even trying to make a painting, I just started sketching in Photoshop, without a scan and liked my proportions. Cleaned it up a little then said, hey, finish this! Usually I start with a pencil sketch, I rarely go directly in Photoshop without one. But these days I do it more often and with more confidence.
Attachments
BGIRLFACEC0MP2.jpg
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:12 am

I'm going through pieces to reproduce for my new Gallery in LA on Robertson and Pico. It's called Petra, pronounce the long E, not like the 80s glam band.lol anyways, I wanted to reproduce this one but something has been bugging me about it. It's an older piece but I like it and it just needed some tweaks...and wow, some slight face lift and she looks brand new. Mostly her lips. I never really liked her original ones. I liked the idea of it but I think these are better and I feel more confident about reproducing this for my Art Gallery opening. Now I can get back focusing on brand new pieces.
Attachments
BGIRLFACEC0MP_2010_SMALL.jpg
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:01 pm

I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF! as I was tweaking this old image I just kept messing with it. I felt i lost her Mona Lisa smile with the last tweak, so I cut out her lips, used the Warp tool and gave her more of a smirk. Gives her more a mischievous look to her. Which creates more story. I also raised her right eye brow and softened her eye lid...adding glitter to her eye make up and pushed the color of her goggles while pulling back on the saturation of her skin tone...its amazing how all these little tweaks change a piece so much.
Attachments
BGIRLFACEC0MP_2010_DETAILSMALL.jpg
©ARTBYSNAKEBITE.COM
BGIRLFACEC0MP_2010_02SMALL.jpg
©ARTBYSNAKEBITE.COM
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:03 pm

The one thing I noticed with uploading straight for your Hard Drive is the colors get a bit washed out. So maybe when I post next I need to push the contrast a little to help with the translation.
SNAKEBITE

Postby jjohnson » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:37 pm

Thanks for posting your process on this art Snakebite! I have always loved this painting. Also, I wanted to say I really like the new Discussion Board!
jjohnson

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:58 pm

thanks and thanks!

apparently I'm doing something wrong when posting images so excuse any future redundant reposting while I figure this out.
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Testies one, two. Checkin the posting specifics. tryin to do it right
BGIRLFACEC0MP_2010_02SMALL.jpg
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:50 pm

So it looks like I did it right this time. I didn't press the "Place Inline" button that appears after you upload an image. So make sure you press "Place Inline" when uploading an image from your desktop.
That way your image will show with out the side and up/down annoying scrollers.
SNAKEBITE

Postby sorryguyz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Awesome. And thanks for posting the process. It's cool to see the progression. The blood spatter is a nice touch, like icing on the cake. :D
sorryguyz

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:59 am

thanks! I like icing! lol
SNAKEBITE

Return to A.N. Gallery