animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

The brilliance of Lorenzo Martinez

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

The brilliance of Lorenzo Martinez

Postby Charles » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 am

At AN Night this past Teusday evening, there was a group of industry veterans in attendance. One of them came to the podium to introduce himself. he had a big smile on his face and as he approached, I immediately recongnized who he was. It was none other than Lorenzo Martinez.

I was really happy to see him. This was the first time our paths had crossed in years. We used to work together at Filmation Studios on the He-Man and She-Ra TV series. He was working as a background designer and was one of the best I had ever seen.

His experience in the industry is vast. Lorenzo has been working steadily at DreamWorks since the time the studio was founded. Before that he was at Disney Features.

Not only is he a genius of an artist, he's also the funniest man I've ever had the pleasure of working with in my years in this business.

A great and good hearted fellow, you can see his art by going to his blog and scrolling down the page. There's plenty of images there to enjoy, including production work from Prince of Egypt, The Lion King, Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Little Mermaid, and even the He-Man show.

http://lorenzoemartinez.blogspot.com

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion