animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

SPOTLIGHT: Imaginary Forces--Forces to be Reckoned With

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

SPOTLIGHT: Imaginary Forces--Forces to be Reckoned With

Postby EAllen » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:26 pm

imagforces1.JPG
imagforces1.JPG (9.79 KiB) Viewed 203 times

Heavy awards recognition for work coming out of Imaginary Forces have never been out of the ordinary, but three Emmy nods simultaneously in the same category, same year--is enough to make this FX company the only FX company to which such a feat can be attributed to. (The nods were for Main Title Design for shows The Pacific, Nurse Jackie, and Human Target.)

Co-founded by Kyle Cooper (recently chosen by Fast Company as among the 100 Most Creative People in Business), who then left to form another design shop, Prologue, Imaginary Forces have carved their own place on the tree of entertainment history and continues to blaze their way upwards.

And, thanks to the renewed popularity of 3D, outwards.

IF work for DC.

One of my favorites. Their work really pops here.

http://www.imaginaryforces.com/
EAllen

Re: SPOTLIGHT: Imaginary Forces--Forces to be Reckoned With

Postby EAllen » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Below, a short documentary on Imaginary Forces--from 2001:

And part II, below:

EAllen

Postby MrFun » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:29 pm

I grew up on the work of designer, Saul Bass. I loved his work and even heard him lecture.

These guys carry on in the tradition of Mr. Bass. They do impressive work and I love their stuff.
MrFun

Postby EAllen » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:15 pm

Thanks for sharing, MrFun!

I too am an ardent admirer of the Saul Bass work.

The best thing I can say about Imaginary Forces is that with their titles, it's good that they don't leave much to the imagination. Their imagination is so much more preferable!
EAllen

Return to General Discussion