animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

What are you working on for yourself?

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

What are you working on for yourself?

Postby Charles » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:25 am

I'm curious as to what you're involved with on a personal project level.

Are you creating something with crowdfunding in mind?

This new way of doing things has profoundly affected my present and future plans and also how I view things industry wise. I have several properties and projects, one in particular that I've been developing for years, that has new life thanks to the prospects of crowdfunding.

I've been making good progress with it to the point where I can now set a date for its publication. This wouldn't have been possible without the option that sites such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo have provided for independent creators throughout the entrepreneurial spectrum.

If you're not working on something for yourself then I encourage you to think about getting started on a personal project. If you have been working on something for yourself but stepped away from it, consider picking it up again.

If you're currently developing a personal project then by all means keep creating!

Crowdfunding has provided me the motivation to move forward with confidence. I'm excited that projects that would not ever see the light of day now have a chance to make it via a pitch to the people instead of to industry executives.

This is a great era we're entering into and it's only just started.

Make a crowdfunded project a part of your future plans and if you have something in the works share it with the community and let us know what you're up to.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion