animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

WAKFU - More Kickstarter $ucce$$ - Feb 19 2014

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

WAKFU - More Kickstarter $ucce$$ - Feb 19 2014

Postby Charles » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:44 pm

I love crowdfunding! Sites like Kickstarter and Indiegogo have renewed my faith in the potential of the creative community especially when it comes to projects outside of the mainstream status quo industry.

Case in point is the campaign for "WAKFU: The Animated Series" on Kickstarter.

The goal of the 30 day campaign is $80,000 (Canadian) and they reached it in just two days! Currently as of this writing on the third day of the campaign they're at $94,647.

The project is initiated by Ankama in Roubaix, France. They're the production company behind this great cartoon which has been airing in their country since 2008. The aim of the campaign is to raise funds to dub the series into English and other languages thus expanding the reach of the franchise.

To access the "WAKFU: The Animated Series" campaign on Kickstarter click here.

Check out the promotional video below and see some amazing animation from the show...

Daily Z

Charles

Re: WAKFU - More Kickstarter $ucce$$ - Feb 19 2014

Postby Charles » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:39 am

I've been showing the video for this campaign to my students this week. I ask them if they're aware of any cartoon on TV that can match the quality and interest of this one and to an individual they all said no.

This is an exciting time in the business and the art when animated entertainment produced outside of the mainstream status quo is better than what the mainstream status quo is doing.

To top it off, the property is funded by its fans!

I'm so enthusiastic about what's going on thanks to crowdfunding that all my impressions, conceptions, attitudes and beliefs about animation have changed and all for the better.

It's affected every aspect of my professional life and much of my personal life as well.

The concept of The Independent Economy has come to full fruition thanks to crowdfunding. With this method of financing, along with the distribution outlet that the Internet provides, there's simply no need to walk with the dinosaurs anymore unless you're looking to work for them or they pick up your project as a result of your independent success.

After just 3 days the WAKFU campaign is at $110,390 and counting of their initial $80,000 goal.

They will continue to be creatively free while expanding their franchise.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:23 pm

There's 13 days to go in the WAKFU campaign on Kickstarter and the project has raised $238,116 through 2,787 backers for an original $80,000 goal.

Great results for a top notch animated property!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... ted-series

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:13 pm

I love seeing successful crowdfunded projects!

With 6 days to go in the campaign 3,580 backers have supported the dubbing of the WAKFU series in France to the English language to the tune of $304,916 so far from an $80,000 goal.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:02 pm

The WAKFU campaign on Kickstarter has wrapped up and here's the final tally...

$483,524 pledged of an $80,000 goal thanks to 5,707 backers.

Looks like we'll be seeing the series in English soon enough! :)

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion