animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Who saw the double rainbow Sept. 29 over Hollywood?

News and events from around the world

Who saw the double rainbow Sept. 29 over Hollywood?

Postby Greg B » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:46 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/29/los-angeles-double-rainbow_n_744655.html

It was awesome! The sunset that day was the most awesome I've probably seen.

Here are some pics at this story.

http://laist.com/2010/09/29/photos_double_rainbows_and_vanilla.php
Greg B

Re: Who saw the double rainbow Sept. 29 over Hollywood?

Postby Charles » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:56 pm

Greg, I was in Northridge at the time of the sunset on September 29 and noticed people pointing at the sky in that direction when I left the building I was in.

The rainbow was great I'm sure, but check out these photos by comparison. They're from 3 years ago, just about to the day. I posted them on the old forums. A magnificent double rainbow that covered Burbank. One end, the right side, was anchored directly on the Disney Studio lot, and the other end on the left was about where Cartoon Network is.

Clicking on the images will give you a better view.

DisneyRainbow07c1.jpg
Rainbow over Walt Disney Studios, Burbank, California on September 22, 2007

DisneyRainbow07b1.jpg
Close up of rainbow at Disney Studios, September 22, 2007

DisneyRainbow07j1.jpg
Rainbow over Burbank, California on September 22, 2007

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Who saw the double rainbow Sept. 29 over Hollywood?

Postby Greg B » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:03 pm

Charles, about 5 years ago I caught a triple rainbow over Los Angeles. Shot it on video. I now realize that whenever it rains in the daytime and the conditions are right to break out the camera. You have to be around late afternoon for things to be just right. Rain, then stop, then sunbursts and the rainbows just pile in.

Someone just told me on Facebook that Jimmy Kimmel is talking about the double rainbow and sunset.
Greg B

Return to Current Events