animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

What's happening at The Animation Academy in Burbank

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

What's happening at The Animation Academy in Burbank

Postby Charles » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Hello hello hello all you beautiful people! :D

Thanks a thousand times over for sticking with AN and the AN Forums!

Here's what's going on in my world of the Revolution we preached and knew was coming all the way back in February 1999.

The year before in January 1998 I started my own school at a local restaurant in Burbank California with a $15 investment after paying for a business license.

Today The Animation Academy is so well branded we've sold out all available seats to new enrollment for our next semester starting October 7.

That's 19 days ahead of time!

Our demand for enrollment is calling for a special Saturday afternoon session to be created to accommodate everyone that wants to join the school.

We do no advertising. It's all word of mouth. Some of the top art schools in the USA are referring their applicants to the Academy in order to prepare them for entry. That includes the Pratt Institute in New York City and the Otis College of Art and Design in LA.

On top of that we've just lined up with a tuition financing company and will be able to fund our own student loans. Students don't have to get financed through a third party. If they're qualified they can get financed by our program directly through us!

We are kicking ass ladies and gents. Not just because of these developments but the art that's coming from this place is awesome.

So many exciting things going on!

And this is an entirely independent operation with no reliance on anyone but our community and we're at the heart of the animation industry in its international capital. We've been influencing the animation industry for almost 16 years!

I love the business that I'm in and I hope you're having the same experience in animation or anything else you may be doing creatively to get through life.

Happy to be checking in.

Cheers to all and Keep Creating!

:) :) :)

POWER TO OUR PEOPLE THE ARTISTS OF THE WORLD 8-)

Charles Zembillas
Burbank California

September 19 2013

Daily Z

Charles

Re: What's happening at The Animation Academy in Burbank

Postby rvasquez » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:33 pm

This is great news!Finding time on the weekdays to attend was a bit difficult for me because of work/family.Now that you'll be offering classes on Saturdays, I might have to consider attending again. What hours are available for Saturdays? Are the fees the same?
rvasquez

Re: What's happening at The Animation Academy in Burbank

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Growing and evolving! After all these years. Way to inspire us all, C!

Keep creating!!
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion