animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Greg B's "Space Fool"

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Greg B's "Space Fool"

Postby Greg B » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Okay, had to dust off an old comic of mine called "Space Fool".

I did a series of rough breakdowns to present and hope you like them. Once I add the word balloons I'll have links inside the comic to advertisers and friends on Facebook, charities etc.. The links are hidden in the dialogue and in objects around and about in the background.

http://www.spacefool.com/blog

Basically, the main character is a scientist who figures to go into the idyllic far flung future. He steals the government's top secret time machine but during the process his skin and organs and flesh are separated from his bones leaving him but a mockery or a skeleton. He arrives in the idyllic far flung future but so does his oozing flesh. The people of the future take pity on him but must fight the menace of his oozing flesh that is bent on turning the world into a decadent place of sweets, treats, and nutritional nightmares and gluttony. To make matters worse the universe is now fragmented into endless sub universes that Space Fool must use to fight his own evil fleshy self.

I know that's a mouthful but it's funny.
Greg B

Re: Greg B's "Space Fool"

Postby Charles » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:46 pm

That's wild Greg. How will you be showcasing this? Did your recent NDE influence the concept?

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Greg B's "Space Fool"

Postby Greg B » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:15 pm

LOL Charles no.

This comic was around for a long time and needed to be developed. I need to sell it as a package to raise some dough. I'm getting old and need to be papmered. Relaxing on the beach in my old age eating lobster, chocolate cake, wine, and milkshakes.

I'll be putting up the dialogue pages later Monday. It's very funny. Then I'll hit crowdfunding to develop the comic. It would make a great video game and that's what I had forgotten about. We have to focus not only on our properties as comics and television but video games too. I've worked for a couple of top video game companies but never took advantage of it. Now with sales so ridiculous you can't turn em' down!
Greg B

Return to General Discussion