animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

The new President of the Burbank Art Association is...

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

The new President of the Burbank Art Association is...

Postby Charles » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how this happened.

I was invited to be the guest artist for June at the monthly meeting of the Burbank Art Association.

So last night on the evening of June 19 2013 I went in as a guest speaker and wound up leaving as its President. :shock:

I know a couple of folks from the group. It's a venerable organization that supports the local art community. A not for profit corporation that was founded in 1950. I like to attend their shows now and then. Wonderful people including the former mayor of the city.

So now I'm not only a member, I'm the President. 8-) ;) :)

I'll be looking to create a stronger relationship between the local art community of Burbank California and the artists of the animation community.

Here's a link to Association's site - http://www.burbankartassociation.com/

Wish me luck! :D

Daily Z

Charles

Re: The new President of the Burbank Art Association is...

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:20 pm

Makes perfect sense to me! FIST HIGH!
SNAKEBITE

Postby Miracle » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Luck? Nothing! You deserve it. I am sure your passion for all things art won their hearts and votes.
I am very happy for you and wish you all the blessings in the World in your new post.
Tom Hignite
Miracle

Postby JDC » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Congrats! Burbank is getting a great president.
JDC

Postby Charles » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Thanks guys. I wonder if the Association realizes what they're getting into with me as their president. Maybe they should've been warned beforehand. ;) :lol:

In any case I'm already coming up with some ambitious ideas as to how we can proceed. The next meeting will be in September.

By the way I forgot to mention that at the meeting last Wednesday night they conducted a raffle. I contributed a copy of my book Controlling Illusion as a prize. I'm told the raffle broke their record for ticket sales at an Association meeting. Looks like it was a positive experience for all.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion