animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Crash for Cash - Ebay auction - Worthing Boys' Club UK

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Crash for Cash - Ebay auction - Worthing Boys' Club UK

Postby Charles » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:44 am

Hey there ANers, here's something you might find interesting.

I was asked through my personal art blog if I would contribute something from Crash Bandicoot for a fund raiser for the Worthing Boys' Club in the UK.

WorthingBoysCub.jpg
WorthingBoysCub.jpg (7.64 KiB) Viewed 1719 times

I had a few color copies of a marker rendered drawing I did of Crash back in 1999 and offered it for that purpose, signed and dated April 2013. This was created for the child of a close friend. I made a color copy of it back then for my own reference. Since that time I've used copies of this as gifts when fans ask me for something from Crash.

CrashBandicootEBAY.JPG

It was placed on Ebay recently with a starting bid of .99 British pounds. Yesterday it went up to 5.5 pounds. Now it's at 16 pounds which equates to 24.39 US dollars. Not bad for an overnight jump! ;) :)

There's 3 days left to the auction. If you'd like to participate follow this link to Crash Bandicoot on Ebay.

There are very few pictures of Crash Bandicoot bearing my signature. I haven't done much fan art at all over the years so this is a rare item. You're welcome to help the Worthing Boys' Club through this auction. They've been around since 1936 and operate entirely upon contributions.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Crash for Cash - Ebay auction - Worthing Boys' Club UK

Postby Charles » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:01 pm

This was a 5 day auction on Ebay that just wrapped up a few minutes ago. I was wondering what the value of a signed Crash print would be and now I know.

There was a flurry of last minute activity with 26 bids in all from 11 bidders.

It sold for 44.60 pounds which comes to $68.92 US.

Looks like the auction was successful and the Worthing Boys' Club has some extra cash in their pocket. :)

Here's the final results on Ebay.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Here's a surprise! A signed print of Spyro the Dragon was auctioned on Ebay at the same time as the Crash print and did even better.

Wound up at 77 pounds which comes out to $119.21 US. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121098282086? ... 1555.l2649

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Thu May 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Well, now I have a good idea as to what my art can market for. Six color xerox copies, three of Crash and three of Spyro, auctioned on Ebay cumulatively for $418.11 US. That's 274.60 BPS (British pound sterling) since it was conducted from the UK.

Cost less than a dollar each to produce!

Thank you Worthing Boys' Club for finding this out! Glad it was successful for you! :)

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Fri May 31, 2013 1:26 pm

thats awesome bro! Congrats!
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Thank you brother.

Here's an even happier ending to the happy ending on the Crash and Spyro art print auction on Ebay.

The kid who organized it won a very special award from the Worthing Boy's Club.... 2013 Senior Member of the Year. :)

Here's a photo of his trophy which he sent earlier today...

MattTrophy1.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion