animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Snakebite Cortez presents: Photoshop Commando Courses

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Snakebite Cortez presents: Photoshop Commando Courses

Postby SNAKEBITE » Fri May 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Snakebite Cortez presents:
Photoshop Commando Courses
A one-on-one educational experience!
North Hollywood, California

Adobe Photoshop is a powerful program, and the industry standard for a huge range of mediums: comic books, animation, video games, photography, video compositing, fashion, design, website development…the list goes on and on. Being able to seamlessly incorporate Photoshop into your skill set will ensure your sustainability as a creator!

For the first time in my 21-year career as a professional transmedia artist specializing in Adobe Photoshop, I will be offering one-on-one training in my new studio in NOHO (North Hollywood) California. Every student will have a chance to learn exactly what they need for their specific vision of their career path.

Whether you are just starting out or are already successful in your field, I will work with you to tailor each class to your individual needs -- collaborative education! All you have to do is submit a short summary of who you are and what you are looking to learn and I will design our time around your intent.

I have taught at animation schools, lectured on college campuses and conducted private on-site sessions for individuals and groups -- all with great results. A few hours with me will unlock many mysteries of the program.

Courses can incorporate any aspect of Photoshop you desire, including tips, tricks and best practices in scanning, importing files, exporting files, making selections, layer masks, layer modes, custom brushes, painting techniques, photo manipulation, color correction, color for comic books, color/painting for animation characters and backgrounds, design for print and web, path tool, utilizing the text tool, customizing fonts -- anything YOU can think of!

The only prerequisites are that you are comfortable with a computer (I will be teaching you using the MacOS platform) and that you have some basic familiarity with Adobe Photoshop. There are plenty of tutorials online to get you started. Your time with me will be more efficient and beneficial if you arrive with a general understanding of what the program can do, how the interface is set up and what you want out of it. The best answers come from the best questions!

For beginner and advanced knowledge (no registration fees required):
Two 3 hour courses. 6 hours total: $300
Four 3 hour courses. 12 hours total: $550
Six 3 hour courses. 18 hours total: $750
Eight 3 hour courses. 24 hours total: $950

If you want me to come to you, on-site courses are available as well for an additional fee. Please email me for all inquiries.

-Courses Start Monday June 3, 2013. Daytime and night slots are available Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday: 2pm-5pm & 7pm-10pm. Schedule will be determined on a first-come, first-served basis -- register soon for the best times!
-Payment for June Schedule due by Monday May 27, 2013.

snakebitecortez@yahoo.com

Here are some links to my work history and my art, all of which was paid for and used in production. This is a practical application course which will yield great personal results in just a few hours!

http://mordidadeculebra.tumblr.com/resume

http://mordidadeculebra.tumblr.com/tagged/DigitalPaint

http://mordidadeculebra.tumblr.com/tagged/Illustration

http://mordidadeculebra.tumblr.com/tagged/Design
Attachments
PHOTOSHOP_COMMANDOS1_SMALL.jpg
PHOTOSHOP_COMMANDOS1_SMALL.jpg (63.74 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
SNAKEBITE

Re: Snakebite Cortez presents: Photoshop Commando Courses

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sat May 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Here's one of my demo reels showcasing the things I do.

SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Mon May 20, 2013 1:50 pm

A lot of outstanding work but ya need to update that video... ;)

You're a super talented artist and a master of Photoshop. Your students will greatly benefit from what you have to offer educationally. :!:

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon May 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks for that endorsement, C! Much appreciated...and yes indeedy I do need a new demo..thanks again!
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue May 21, 2013 12:20 pm

Here's some before and after examples. Digital color can make or break art. It can make cool art cooler or it can take away from the coolness. And despite what others might say, you can polish a turd and make crappy art a little bit cooler as well.

In this case the art is dope! And I believe my contribution compliment.

http://mordidadeculebra.tumblr.com/post ... -does-with
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu May 23, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm now offering my time online! For those of you who don't live in the area and still desire to sharpen your skills, I can facilitate! I already have interest from people on the East Coast and overseas.

http://mordidadeculebra.tumblr.com/tagged/Courses
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue May 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Here's some before and after examples of my work on GIJoe resolute. I was hired to do keys, which is a preproduction. THe director liked what I did so much they used them as plates, which is in the production.

http://mordidadeculebra.tumblr.com/post/51177963191
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed May 29, 2013 9:27 pm

I made this document using Adobe Illustrator. Which is a great program to use in tandem with photoshop. Whats great about most visual fx programs out there is that photoshop works with just about every one of them.

Even if you just want to draft up a simple yet professional document, Adobe is a great platform to do so.

SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:16 pm

Check out some of my process. THis is the type of stuff you can learn with me.

SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:28 pm

another video showcasing some digital painting process. I'll be featuring comic book coloring as well with animation background painting techniques. Some photo manipulation and then I plan on showing some design work incorporating Adobe Illustrator.

SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:24 pm

I'm now offering private lessons online! I'm getting great feedback and excited for the future of my educational program! Thanks to AnimationNation and The Animation Academy for all your support!

I'm scheduling for July, please contact me to reserve your spot! First come first serve!

http://mordidadeculebra.tumblr.com/tagged/Courses
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:25 pm

I took these files out of the archives! This work is 10-13 years old and is the first time I have featured it in video form. I hope you enjoy!

SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Most of the class work with my students is on stuff they are not ready to share. But at the end of one session the student wanted to see an example of speed paint. This was done real quick and I went for a retro look to the art.
Attachments
PHOTOSHOP_COMMANDOS_SPEEDPAINTEXAMPLE_SMALL.jpg
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:39 pm

That's great even for someone taking extended time to finish it! How long did it take you to do this?

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:00 pm

THANKS!!!

actually, I meant at the end of his session. I addressed questions he had early on and he ran out of stuff he wanted to learn. Or he wasn't prepared that I would address all of his needs so quick, so we took the last hour of the three hour session for this demo. So yeah, no extension of his session. One hour total time to paint this.
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:03 pm

It was fun. I let him direct me. I started with the ground and mountains and he told me to add the disk shapes and then it would just unfold as we kept adding ideas. Collaborative Education!!! I find it most effective for everyone involved!
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:01 am

That's cool. Your student in effect art directed the work while you taught them the process. An innovative approach. Their teacher has great skills and talent.

Daily Z

Charles

Next

Return to General Discussion