animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

I'm a writer who wants to make animated movies...

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

I'm a writer who wants to make animated movies...

Postby ATrapp » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Greetings everybody!

So like the title says, I'm a writer who wants to make animated movies. The problem in the past was that I was never any good at drawing, and I could never afford to hire the services of an animator. Now thanks to Go Animate.com (there's some product placement for ya!) I've finally begun to explore some of the ideas I've wanted to make but was unable to due to a lack of any kind of visually creative skill.

First up is my brand new web series. Well, it's just one episode so far, but I'm already working on the second. It's about a vlogger who suddenly gets transported to another world where his major crime is something he can't even help being, and a great mystery must be unraveled. What is the CUBE? Begin the journey here:

Speaking of vlogging, next up is my animation based vlogging series called Super Starving Writer. The series highlights entries from my main blog (http://springthetrapp.blogspot.com/) but in just a visual and vocal sense. I recommend watching the second episode because the first one is a bit long and boring. But it does give you a bit more background information on me, so, watch at your discretion.

So that's all I've got for now. Thanks for taking the time to read/watch all of this. Take care!
ATrapp

Re: I'm a writer who wants to make animated movies...

Postby Charles » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:03 pm

Welcome to AN ATrapp and congrats on an impressive debut on the Forums.

Most if not all the writers I'm aware of don't attempt to make the transition to actual animation. It's heartening to see someone actually embark upon this path. Your skills with the written word will enhance what you do with your films. Judging from the start you've made once you get the finer aspects of animation down I'm sure you'll be creating some unique and exciting content.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby ATrapp » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:34 pm

Thank you, Charles, I appreciate the comment and I'm glad you liked the videos! I know I'm a bit of an odd-man out here, but that's kind of the story of my career. It's been extremely unorthodox. But I was tired of not being able to express myself creatively simply because I lacked the traditional resources or know-how. So I just went for it!

Go Animate's services are no doubt bare bones in comparison to what you guys do for a living, or were taught to achieve. And I'm not sure how much I'll be able to improve using this program but I won't let that stop me from producing content. As I've said on other forums and sites, it's my goal to entertain you all.

I'll be back next time with the next episode. :)
ATrapp

Postby ATrapp » Mon May 06, 2013 1:56 am

I'm back with the next episodes of both of my web shows!

Enjoy, or feel free to leave a comment either here or at my youtube page!
ATrapp

Postby ATrapp » Mon May 13, 2013 9:56 am

I see this thread is at least getting some views, so I'm at least grateful for that. :D

And along with my gratitude comes the next episodes of both of my series! Hope you like!

ATrapp

Postby ATrapp » Sun May 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Hope you guys are tuning in, because now it's time for the next episode!

ATrapp

Postby Charles » Wed May 22, 2013 9:47 am

You have an advantage in being a writer. Now that you're making a transition to animation production those skills are reflecting in your content. The story has intrigue. Let's see where it leads.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Yorb_Boss » Fri May 24, 2013 1:44 am

Looks pretty sweet. Keep up the good work!
Yorb_Boss

Postby ATrapp » Sat May 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments! Glad you like my work.

And as a show of my gratitude, here's the next episode. :D

ATrapp

Postby ATrapp » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:59 pm

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, I usually try to complete 1 of these episodes each week. But a lot of other stuff was happening personally so that pushed things back a bit. But now I've been able to finish the 6 episode of the show. Hope you like!

ATrapp

Postby Charles » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:09 am

Getting better all the time. I like the low on dialogue high on action approach of this episode. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to what's next.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby ATrapp » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Just when you thought it was safe...I return with a new episode! Some have called it my best one yet, but for me...it was Tuesday... :lol:

Seriously though, enjoy! If you want to that this... :D

ATrapp

Postby ATrapp » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Take a look at these new episodes and watch as the story of ÉMINA continues to unfold!

Episode 8 was a bit of a pain to put together due to the sound effects and the limited train interiors/exteriors, but I worked with what I had to the best of my limited ability. Episode 9 on the other hand was a purely dramatic affair, story-wise, and was easier to put together. All I had to do there was point the camera at the characters and voice act. So I'm much more satisfied with that episode.

But enough about me, I hope those of you who are watching enjoy these newest offerings!
ATrapp

Postby ATrapp » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:28 am

Hope you all enjoy!
ATrapp

Return to A.N. Gallery