animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Anyone using Toonboom Storyboard?

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Anyone using Toonboom Storyboard?

Postby mikeboas » Tue May 07, 2013 11:01 am

If anyone here has used Storyboard, I have a couple questions. I use Toonboom Studio, and I'm considering using Storyboard for my next project.

It seems to be a program made for drawing on wacom, not scanning pencil images. I usually do storyboards on paper, then scan, so that's my first adjustment.

I'm wondering what my options are after the storyboard/animatic stage is done. Once you layout your storyboards and time the animatic, is there a way to pull that project into TBS for timing purposes? Or do you have to start over?
-----------------
http://maddogmovies.com
mikeboas

Re: Anyone using Toonboom Storyboard?

Postby Charles » Fri May 10, 2013 9:18 am

Following up on this Mike. Sorry that nobody's checked in yet. There's a few people here I'm aware of that use Toonboom for storyboarding. I was hoping someone would share their expertise.

Probably the best thing to do would be to email the company and see what they have to say about the process. My feeling is I don't see why you wouldn't be able to incorporate a previously drawn storyboard into their software. Toonboom Storyboard and in particular Storyboard Pro is the industry standard for creating boards in the biz. Check with them and see what they say about it.

By the way congrats on winning 2nd place in the Script-a-Palooza competition.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Anyone using Toonboom Storyboard?

Postby mikeboas » Fri May 10, 2013 10:46 am

Ha! Thanks.

I was hoping for some objective reviews, rather than talk to a salesperson at Toonboom. But thanks for the advice.
-----------------
http://maddogmovies.com
mikeboas

Return to General Discussion