animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Anthony Price's art used by ASIFA-Hollywood

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Anthony Price's art used by ASIFA-Hollywood

Postby Charles » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:17 pm

I'd like to congratulate Anthony Price, an exceptionally talented character designer, for the use of his artwork by ASIFA-Hollywood in promoting their upcoming Disney Television Reunion and Panel at Woodbury University in Burbank on October 1, 2010.

Here's what I'm talking about, the character drawing is his. Click on the image for a better view.

AnthonyPriceASIFA.jpg

Anthony is a graduate of the animation program at Cal State Northridge and also a student at The Animation Academy in Burbank. He was with us several years ago, returned, and is now functioning as an assistant instructor at both my school and at CSUN.

Anthony was a little upset when he discovered this, especially since ASIFA-Hollywood didn't ask his permission to use his art, and in regards to the fact that they are charging for this event.

They got the image from his blog. http://antprice.blogspot.com/

He contacted them about it but hasn't heard back. I reassured him that this is a compliment and to let ASIFA use it anyway.

So thanks ASIFA-Hollywood, for featuring the work of Anthony Price in conjunction with this notable reunion and panel. You picked a great artist to tie in with it. Even though he never worked for Disney, at least not yet, and even though he has nothing to do with Woodbury and everything to do with the Academy and CSUN, only goes to show that you do indeed have good taste when it comes to the unauthorized use of artwork.

Say, would this be considered an orphaned work? I don't think so.

Good luck and I hope the event is a big success for everyone involved.

Congrats again Anthony.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Anthony Price's art used by ASIFA-Hollywood

Postby Charles » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Heard from Anthony Price and it appears that the situation has been amicably resolved. Glad to hear it, good news for everyone. Congrats again Anthony on having your art featured by ASIFA-Hollywood, and here's to a successful event. Cheers.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby EAllen » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:07 pm

That's terrific to hear!
EAllen

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:45 pm

I hadn't had a chance to respond earlier. I'm glad it got resolved because I had a few things to say about it...its too bad it got to a place where this sort of thing HAD to be resolved in the first place, but at least it was.
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion