animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

The Nature of the Conversation

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

The Nature of the Conversation

Postby Charles » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:10 am

I went around a few animation centric sites lately that involve industry editorial and dialogue and was not surprised to find any discussion that compares to what's addressed on AN.

I couldn't find one site besides the AN Forums that delves into the topics of community that we do here.

There's no other site I've found that offers analysis and critical observation of the industry structure itself. Nothing that looks upon ourselves as a whole. No site or discussion forum where objective and realistic scrutiny and analysis takes place.

There's a tabloid news blog, there's historian bias blogs, there's generic news outlets, there's the union's blog which is one person, there's fan based news outlets, there's happy talk blogs, there's an anonymous VFX reform blog...

There is nothing like AnimationNation. :)

Thanks to our members for your participation both creatively and editorially and to our readers and followers for tuning in.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: The Nature of the Conversation

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:42 pm

I've always enjoyed the topics here. I've always looked forward to peoples responses to the topics and to me as well. I like to be challenged and I like people who have something to say and are passionate about what they are saying.

I'm honored to have been apart of this site for so long. Its hard to believe we've been around as long as we have.

Your findings don't surprise me. I've been apart of a couple other message boards and phased out because of the one track direction and responses from people.

I don't frequent any board but this one. And I barely participate currently only because of all the things I am doing.

But subjects that others might think are silly, I find very important. And I appreciate how much this board embraces those subjects.
SNAKEBITE

Re: The Nature of the Conversation

Postby marius » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:44 pm

I am in agreement with Snakebite. It's hard enough to find a human who wants to discuss the topic in person. I'm greatful to have a placce where I can trust that there are at least a few professionals involved in actively defining their future. My utmost gratitude for this forum Charles.
be.lovely.
marius

Return to General Discussion