animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

What software should I use?

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

What software should I use?

Postby alextt123 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:38 am

I need to make professional looking cartoon, based on real people. I really like Xtranormal for doing this, but their licence agreement mean I can't use if for commercial use.

I also like Moviestorm but this doesn't do cartoons well.

Is there other software out that that is easy to use, gives good result in a cartoon format?

Also, if you have worked with any software that does this and you have examples of your work could you send them to me? And could you let me know if you are available for hire?

The main setting for videos would be Doctor/Patient consultations, set in the consulting room.

Any ideas :)
alextt123

Re: What software should I use?

Postby Charles » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:01 pm

I'm not personally familiar with programs that automatically create animation such as what Xtranormal does.

Software that I'm aware of builds animation from the ground up. Flash for example. TVPaint is something I've discovered more recently that gets great results for artists who like to animate traditionally.

Check out CelAction2D. It's more of a cutout technique that might work for a more efficient approach.

http://www.celaction.com/

Daily Z

Charles

Postby alextt123 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:51 am

Charles thanks for the suggestion but really I was looking for 3D any ideas on that?
alextt123

Postby Charles » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:03 am

The first thing that comes to mind is Blender which is a free 3D software. I've seen animation done very successfully with it consistent with other high end 3D programs.

There's also motion capture software such as Truebones.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion