animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Latest Walt dream - Embezzlement at Disney

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Latest Walt dream - Embezzlement at Disney

Postby Charles » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:49 am

Well, you can take this for what it's worth. Personally I give high credence to a dream when Walt Disney is in it. I frequently see Walt in dreams since May 1993. Whenever I see him it's an amazing mystical experience. Many times it concerns what's happening at his studio and he seems to express his feelings about it. Sometimes he'll give a heads up as to what's going on even before it happens. In 2003 he appeared in a dream very upset and a few days later it was announced by Michael Eisner that 2D animation production would cease at the feature level in favor of CG.

He made an appearance yesterday morning. In this dream, he seems to be communicating something about embezzlement at the Disney Company.

It appears he's quite put off by a very small group of people who are making a huge personal fortune from the profits of his company.

In the dream Walt considers this embezzlement. Outright theft.

Not a too far fetched notion, especially considering the latest wave of layoffs as a result of their recent audit, eh?

Quite frankly I think Walt is right.

Passing along a message from the other side.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Latest Walt dream - Embezzlement at Disney

Postby Charles » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:35 pm

Wrecki-It Ralph made $467,309,914 worldwide so far.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=rebootralph.htm

Think Disney is hurting so bad they have to lay people off?

I don't think so and neither does the spirit of Walt Disney.

The people who are running the company are crooks. They're padding their pockets with bonuses. The executives are corrupt.

Iger should be sanctioned.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Greg B » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:52 am

Aren't these the same grievances you made against Disney when Michael Eisner was running the company?

Can't blame Eisner for this.

This is business. I got no dog in this fight.
Greg B

Postby Charles » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:43 pm

Can't blame Eisner for this.

Really? Who groomed this guy for the job?

Iger learned from the best of em.

There is no hope in the corrupted world of corporate executive owned mega animation studios.

The graft is prolific. So bad that it is stirring Walt Disney's rest.

We have an obligation as the true power in the animation industry to create a future where this kind of gross and selfish exorbitance in the distribution of an animation studio's prosperity is a thing of a very ugly past.

Create a corporate executive free future in animation and there will be greater happiness for all.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Greg B » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Charles I agree with you but reality overrules us.

This is a matter of human nature.

Corruption is rife through every aspect of our lives at levels unprecedented in American and human history. The entire planet is going broke due to the people's unwillingness or inability to confront intimidation and evil.

Big businesses thrive in America because we reward their tactics. Here in New York we've seen the past week or so several officials arrested for corruption. I myself had to launch an offensive to corruption I witnessed here. Had I not been trained on the corporate and journalistic levels I wouldn't be succeeding.

We're a dirty country with half of us, 150 million people in dire straits with no light at the end of the tunnel. We won't or can't address the underlying problems of socipathy in our cultures and having just one sociopath in your midst is like having a giant mosquito attached to you. Our society rewards sociopathic behavior. We celebrate gangsters to the point our music industry is full of gangsta rap where people brag about criminal behavior such as murder and pimping and theft. Our movies show so called heroes who kill dozens of people with no remorse and we make action figures of them and give them to our kids.

Disney is a bigger company now with Pixar, Marvel, and LucasFilm in their pocket. Just Marvel and LucasFilm is going to make them money at an ungodly rate. Since everyone in the country has Disney stock in their portfolios no one is going to come down on Disney for anything. If their stock dropped tens of millions of Americans and companies would go broke and I'd estimate a third of the country at that.

Disney's job isn't to support artists but to make themselves and their investors as much money as possible. Ethics be damned. Nowadays the only ethics there are is make money and to hell with who gets damaged. We saw that a few weeks ago when Attorney General Eric Holder disclosed that he couldn't prosecute the big banks who stole untold billions of dollars because they're too big to prosecute. His reasoning was that going after them would upset so many markets that again millions would go bankrupt if the banksters went down.

To hell if greed makes victims of the people our Constitution mandates protecting. We're not important anymore, only profit.
Greg B

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:02 pm

I think we have had the opportunity and still have the opportunity to be apart of the evolution of our planet. Artists always have. And now once again in our known history we have the ability to build without this corrupt few.

Its not human nature to be corrupt, its nature for a few humans though..And they convince others using fear and intimidation. War. Shortage of resources by monopolizing.

Our stories have always been apart of this evolution...and thats why there is a monopoly on content distribution. Content that doesn't inspire and if it does there's a flip of the script that overshadows any good message. Why? Because we have believed the few, not the many.

But now we can contact the many and find niches for ourselves where we are less dependent on such systems.

In the matrix, Neo won when he stopped fighting and proved he was ready to sacrifice in order to find peace. We all have to sacrifice to be apart of this shift.
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion