animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

"RED" by Stellar Jay Studios

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

"RED" by Stellar Jay Studios

Postby siskavard » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Hey everyone! Corey here. My buddy Ted & I were making the web series "Gundarr" for Mondo Media, but that came to a halt. We decided to make a hand-animated short film in Flash to keep the momentum. We would love to hear your thoughts! Cheers

siskavard

Re: "RED" by Stellar Jay Studios

Postby marius » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Very nice! If you don't mind me asking, was it just two of you that made it? And if so, how long did that take? It moves great and looks like it was fun to work on. Sorry to hear that your production on gundarr ending. Glad to see you aren't letting the rust set in :)
be.lovely.
marius

Postby siskavard » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Thanks Marius! Yes, it was just us two. We managed to get the whole thing done in about a month, mostly working on it full time. We were juggling part time jobs on the side here & there.

It was a ton of fun to work on, but very challenging. We redid a lot of shots. In particular, the 'first person' shot of the effects going through the canyons. I must have animated 7 different versions of that until we got something that felt great.
siskavard

Postby Charles » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Hey Corey. You're on the homepage for this date.

http://www.animationnation.com

Dedicated article here.

Great job! Sorry to learn of Gundarr's wrap as I've been an ardent fan of the series but happy to see that you're continuing with your animated content.

Thanks for posting RED here. Good luck!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby siskavard » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:35 am

Thanks Charles, much appreciated!

I should note that Stellar Jay Studios is two guys, myself and Ted Wilson. We both made RED, just to be clear.

We will be updating our tumblr next week with some 'making of' stuff, so stay tuned!
siskavard

Postby clarkaboud » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:01 am

Great stuff! And how convenient the planet had cracks in the shape of your logo! :D

Did you post the crazy running gif a while back on TIGSource?
clarkaboud

Postby siskavard » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:10 pm

clarkaboud wrote:Great stuff! And how convenient the planet had cracks in the shape of your logo! :D

Did you post the crazy running gif a while back on TIGSource?

Yes! You mean this one?

We love GIF'n it up.
siskavard

Return to A.N. Gallery