animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

The game that can give you 10 extra years

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

The game that can give you 10 extra years

Postby skynet » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:25 am

At the core there are negative states and positive states of mind. A particular life experience may push you toward one of the other but ultimately it's up to you because you can choose what state of mind you want to exist with and express to the world. And freewill is the most powerful at the level where you can choose how to feel, think and be. Everything else after that is a byproduct.

---------------------------------------------------
When game designer Jane McGonigal found herself bedridden and suicidal following a severe concussion, she had a fascinating idea for how to get better. She dove into the scientific research and created the healing game, SuperBetter. In this moving talk, McGonigal explains how a game can boost resilience -- and promises to add 7.5 minutes to your life.

skynet

Re: The game that can give you 10 extra years

Postby skynet » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:11 pm

gameful.org
Secret HQ for Worldchanging Game Developers.

www.superbetter.com
SuperBetter helps you achieve your health goals - or recover from an illness or injury — by increasing your personal resilience. Resilience means staying curious, optimistic and motivated even in the face of the toughest challenges.

www.urgentevoke.com
EVOKE is a ten-week crash course in changing the world. It is free to play and open to anyone, anywhere. The goal of the social network game is to help empower people all over the world to come up with creative solutions to our most urgent social problems.
skynet

Re: The game that can give you 10 extra years

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:19 pm

Interesting concept and a fresh way to look at game play. I often got turned off by a lot of my friends and how much time they spent playing video games. I personally got frustrated because these are creative people who didn't focus enough on creating. Of course there is a flip side to game play and thats TOO MUCH game play. But all things in moderation...including moderation. Right? hahahaha

As a creative person I am always creating characters and stories that echo who I am. I believe music is the same delivery system of prolonged life and connection with others...if you can get out of the studio and share it that is. And not get caught up in the paradox of infinite choices notes and compositions gives a person...All the same applies to the visual creative world to. Can't always be in the cave creating.

A drive down the coast, or to the valley to visit friends is a game as well. An adventure.

I've been developing game concepts myself with the idea that it can be apart of shifting peoples perceptions and evolve their personal experience. So thanks for posting this. Life can be overwhelming but life is also a blessing. We need strength to endure and sometimes a little play goes a long way.
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion