animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Veteran Animator Walter Peregoy Cusses Out Walt Disney

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Veteran Animator Walter Peregoy Cusses Out Walt Disney

Postby Greg B » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:50 am

This is soooo funny. Mr. Peregoy doesn't bite his tongue. The old timer is so funny I was waiting for him to spout such exclamations as "By Cracky!" or "Dadgummit"...

Greg B

Re: Veteran Animator Walter Peregoy Cusses Out Walt Disney

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Good for him. But that video was sad. Whats wrong with everyone laughing at him like that? His handler telling him to shut up basically? I didn't like any of that. He was a real positive dude and he pointed out his truth. We should all be so lucky enough to have a set of balls like that.

I know I got a lot from him and I wouldn't of been laughing and talking while he was sharing his insight and experience.
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Yes my friends I too find it disturbing. That such an outspoken man and great talent of historical legacy in animation is treated like a sideshow. This was the kind of character I found in the old timers of animation when I broke into the biz in the early 1980s. That's what I mean by rugged artists as opposed to the mentality and attitude of our present time whose career concerns confine them.

But you can make a career as an independent instead of a dependent and say whatever the hell you want and not worry about getting laid off or blacklisted by your peers! 8-) :D

Check this out guys, here's Walt Peregoy in the late 1950s in an art education film hosted by the very man that Mr. Peregoy don't like.

Sure beats a corporate rat for a boss!

A good word to Walt Disney is in order I'd say. You can find Walt Peregoy at around 5:15 of the video along with several of Mr. Disney's greats.

A terrific video! Check it out...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:10 pm

Great video. So ahead of their time they really don't even do it today.
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion