animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Stuck On An Eyeland - Kickstarter

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Stuck On An Eyeland - Kickstarter

Postby coolsac32 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:32 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7A6KXZI6rI

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/342 ... an-eyeland

Hey AN Community,
My name is Steven Christian. I play Safety for the Oregon State University Football Team. I am going into my senior season after recovering from two hip surgeries, transferring from University of Hawaii, getting my undergraduate degree, getting accepted into graduate school, and playing my first season at OSU in 2012. Among other thing, I am an aspiring artist and animator who has various projects going on, which include creating my first animated series. If you would like to help be apart of my project or have any information that would be very valuable. I would greatly appreciate it. If anything else, I would appreciate if you could share this email with other so that more people are aware of what I am trying to do. It is about time student-athletes like myself try to utilize the skills we learn from playing and incorporate them into other avenues of life. Hopefully, what I do can serve as an example for those with the same aspirations as me.

I only have 3 pledges right now and there are only 15 days left to pledge!!!

The Goal:

At Least 6 Episodes and Shorts
Remastering the Current Webcomics
Produce Posters
Possible T-Shirt designs

Here is the kickstarter link: http://kck.st/WVoah6

Much like my comics, I plan to incorporate sketch comedy and combine them with various themes and trends in social media to show the relevance and impact that they have on the future of our society.

The characters will go on mundane adventures that include the road to becoming a rapper, taking over social trends, and dancing...Lots and lots of dancing!!

coolsac32

Re: Stuck On An Eyeland - Kickstarter

Postby Greg B » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Wow! What a great story! This campaign will be interesting to watch!
Greg B

Postby coolsac32 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:04 am

Greg B wrote:Wow! What a great story! This campaign will be interesting to watch!

Thank you very much. Hopefully i can reach my goal. at this rate it doesn't seem like i will though... :cry:
Thank you for taking the time to watch it, as well as the other 41 people thus far.
coolsac32

Postby Sweetbread » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Hey! lol I guess I'll be trying to get this out there elsewhere lol. I came to post it and you beat me to the punch! :) Still gonna try to push it around. :D

-Savannah Dittman
Sweetbread

Postby Greg B » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Crowdfunding takes some doing. "If at first you fail your deed try again til you succeed" - Underdog

Your story is fantastic. What you need is the publicity which you should use social networking for. Look at the demographics your story and property should target and post on those sites. Seek out people on social networking sites that your Kickstarter campaign would be appealing to.
Greg B

Postby coolsac32 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:19 am

Hey thanx for the information. Ill try to hit the social networks hard for these next two weeks.
Greg B wrote:Crowdfunding takes some doing. "If at first you fail your deed try again til you succeed" - Underdog

Your story is fantastic. What you need is the publicity which you should use social networking for. Look at the demographics your story and property should target and post on those sites. Seek out people on social networking sites that your Kickstarter campaign would be appealing to.
coolsac32

Postby Greg B » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Here's another tip that will be in my upcoming crowdfunding ebook.

It's called your fan base or list. I have a fan about a few years older than you. He does his own webcomic and over the past few years he's built up a fan base of 25,000 people. These are people who accept every post, every email. Now, when he wants to crowdfund, all he has to do is say to these people is to donate $1 each. He then gets an instant $25k. If he asks for $5 each he's looking at six figures.

This is a staple of internet marketing. You may need to build up a fan base via your newspaper exposure. It takes some study but once hatted things should go smoother.
Greg B

Postby coolsac32 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Greg B wrote:Here's another tip that will be in my upcoming crowdfunding ebook.

It's called your fan base or list. I have a fan about a few years older than you. He does his own webcomic and over the past few years he's built up a fan base of 25,000 people. These are people who accept every post, every email. Now, when he wants to crowdfund, all he has to do is say to these people is to donate $1 each. He then gets an instant $25k. If he asks for $5 each he's looking at six figures.

This is a staple of internet marketing. You may need to build up a fan base via your newspaper exposure. It takes some study but once hatted things should go smoother.

that makes sense, so consistency is the key to success in this area.
coolsac32

Postby Charles » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Good luck! If it doesn't work out this time around take the good advice offered and try again. You'll be successful by committing to the project and developing it further. No matter what the outcome learn from it and keep creating. Create your way to a successful project.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion