animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Skullgirls - Huge Indiegogo $ucce$$

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Skullgirls - Huge Indiegogo $ucce$$

Postby Charles » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:02 am

Kickstarter isn't the only place where artists who have their own properties are experiencing over the top results with their projects.

Here's something on Indiegogo that will turn heads. It's called "Skullgirls" from Lab Zero Games. I found out about this from a student of mine last night in class.

The characters and the idea are fun and interesting but if you look closely you'll see that the artists aren't quite at the level of many working in animation here in LA. None the less they've created a property that has a big enough following to bring them some incredibly impressive results with their crowdfunding efforts.

They've raised $397,484 of a $150,000 goal with 13 days left in the campaign!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep- ... ls-growing

A character based project experiencing great success thanks to their fans and this new system!

Check out the video...

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Skullgirls - Huge Indiegogo $ucce$$

Postby jeffnevins » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Thanks for posting. Still blown away that an indie U.S. company made a 2-D fighting game. Nice animations near the end.
jeffnevins

Postby Charles » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:35 am

This is something right up your line Jeff! Why not crowdfund one of the projects you're involved with.

Here's some addition inspiration & motivation...

Skullgirls update...

$428,880 raised of a $150,000 goal with 11 days left!

More than $31,000 in the past couple of days on top of what they already had.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby jeffnevins » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Thanks for the heads up on funding. Hopefully funding will come through soon for the company I'm with. I'll definitely keep Indiegogo in mind to tell to my business partner who makes all the company decisions.
jeffnevins

Postby Charles » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:25 am

Your business strategy should absolutely include crowdfunding Jeff. Especially considering the results we're seeing here as well as the many successful projects that are being backed by fans.

Here's an update on Skullgirls...

8059 funders pledging $465,694 of a $150,000 Goal with 9 days left to the campaign!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Get out Aunt Hannah's smelling salts. This may leave you feeling light headed. Take a look at the final numbers on the Skullgirls Indiegogo campaign...

$829,829 raised of $150,000 goal !

Look at how far fans will go to see a new character developed for a popular character based franchise. And you don't necessarily need to be on Kickstarter for something like this in order to realize huge results!

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion