animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Interview with Disney's June Patterson (Age 93 - Pinocchio)

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Interview with Disney's June Patterson (Age 93 - Pinocchio)

Postby ChanceRaz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Hello again, AN!

I've been so busy working on Little Billy, The Chance Raspberry Newsletter, and The Simpsons (amongst other things) that I completely forgot to post this here on Animation Nation. It's a three-part Corner Booth Animation interview I shot with colleagues Larry Whitaker and Luis Escobar of 93-year-old Disney Ink & Paint girl, June Patterson. June got her start on Pinocchio in the 1940's and went on to do Bambi, Fantasia, and a bunch of the WWII theatrical war shorts Disney released.

These three videos represent just the first half hour of our near-two-hour conversation with June and her daughter, Kim Patterson (also an animator.) To hear the entire podcast (COMING SOON), and for more great podcast conversations like Looney Tunes: Then & Now and The Simpsons: Then & Now, check out http://www.TheCornerBooth.net! To find out when new podcasts post to our site, simply SUBSCRIBEto the FREE Chance Raspberry Newsletter and always be in the (k)now!!

A Very Special Thanks to June and Kim for sharing their stories with us, inviting us into their home to record this interview, and all of their generous hospitality throughout. Thank YOU, AN, for reading and watching, and be sure to check out Part 1 of my NEW four-part interview with the creator of Eek The Cat, Shnookums & Meat, Mad Jack The Pirate, and animator on The Simpsons Tracy Ullman shorts and the epic Roger Rabbit cartoons...Mr. Bill Kopp!!! (Parts 2, 3, and 4 COMING SOON!)

Party On Dude,
Chance
ChanceRaz

Re: Interview with Disney's June Patterson (Age 93 - Pinocch

Postby Charles » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Congrats guys. I'm disappointed this didn't come to AN first but it's more important that is was done. Good job.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion