animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

A Chessy Love Story

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

A Chessy Love Story

Postby Yorb_Boss » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:50 am

Another university animation, this time we had to make an inanimate object go through around 20-30 seconds of animation. I chose a pawn piece for my animation and we had about 3 weeks to do this start to finish. I'm hoping for some useful critique as we will be doing another similar animation assessment in a few weeks. Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bINBkfxEm0
Yorb_Boss

Re: A Chessy Love Story

Postby Charles » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:55 am

Nice job! Here's your embedded video. The thing that came to mind for me is that I don't get the impression the pawn is fully making contact with the surface. There's a reflection of the object on the chess board but there's no contact shadow. It feels like it's floating. Otherwise there's many positives about this video. Thanks for posting. Look forward to more of your work!

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery