animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Signs of the Times

News and events from around the world

Signs of the Times

Postby Charles » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:33 pm

I ask you... What are the odds of this happening? If I came up with a fictional scenario of the Pope of the Catholic Church resigning for the first time in 700 hundred years, and a lightning bolt hit St. Peters Basilica in the Vatican a mere six hours after the announcement, let's say I was making a pitch to a studio for a story.... just an idea for a movie.

And then this happens in real life...

And let's say a couple days later, just to spice up the story, a meteor streaks across the western Siberian sky and explodes in the air sending a massive shock wave that shatters windows and knocks people to the ground causing bodily injury and damage to thousands of buildings. Note: The last scene in the video is erroneous. That crater is not a result of the meteor.

Normally I wouldn't think anything out of the ordinary concerning this meteor. Just the course of natural order of things. Except that I've been seeing this in dreams a few months ago.

There's more on the way folks. And they're much bigger and meaner. It will not be pretty.

Better learn to love one another. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Love one another.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Signs of the Times

Postby Charles » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:50 pm

And for good measure let's add to the script that right after the Pope resigns for the first time in 700 years and a lightning bolt strikes St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican six hours later, let's add a good ol fashioned earthquake to the mix!

Quake rattles Rome, no damage or injuries reported

ROME | Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:17pm EST

(Reuters) - An earthquake struck 90 km southeast of Rome on Saturday, Italy's National Institute of Geophysics and Vulcanology said. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The 4.8 magnitude quake struck at 10:16 p.m. and was felt from Rome to Naples and in the neighboring region of Abruzzo, according to Reuters witnesses.

The epicenter was near the towns of Sora and Isola del Liri.

(Reporting by Steve Scherer; Editing by Alison Williams)

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Signs of the Times

Postby Charles » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:15 am

Just for the sake of seeing where the meteor was heading on its trajectory I used a map of its path superimposed upon a map of Euro Asia.

It's really intriguing to see where it was heading. You can see that it was heading towards northern Italy. Accounting for the curvature of the earth, which I didn't do in this map, it could b argued that it was almost directly in line with Rome. Click on the image for a better view.

RussianMeteorTrajectory2.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Return to Current Events