animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Joel Poischen's "BATMAN NOIR" (Trailer)

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Joel Poischen's "BATMAN NOIR" (Trailer)

Postby skewster » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:32 am

Hey guys!

I'm SKEWSTER from Berlin. This is my last project. When I saw the paintings of my friend Joel I knew I've to animate it. So the animations only based on these paintings. So that's what I was making out of it.
Watch and enjoy the trailer! Let me hear your thoughts and tell me what you think!

Joel's portfolio:http://joelpoischen.daportfolio.com

Cheers,

SKEWSTER
skewster

Re: Joel Poischen's "BATMAN NOIR" (Trailer)

Postby Ellorioh » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:11 am

WoW! The drawings look damn good. The new style of Batman costume and the Batmobile and Catwomen breathe new life into the genre of the Batman universe. Catwomen with something looks too childlike. Otherwise, the movie pretty creepy atmosphere and gives the Batman theme. Will you make a short film in this art style publish?
Ellorioh

Re: Joel Poischen's "BATMAN NOIR" (Trailer)

Postby skewster » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Hey Ellorioh,

thanx for you feedback! Glad to entertained you.
Sorry, but that's just a fake trailer. We wouldn't make no bigger movie or something else probably. And I guess it would takes too long. Joel painted the artwork ... after work for month. Then I animated all his digital paintings .. for more than 1 month .. almost 2. Yeah, took a lot of time. We did it for our portfolios. But the result is really cool in my opinion.
(Sorry my bad english!)

Cheers!

SKEWSTER
skewster

Return to A.N. Gallery