animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Communicating with artists around the world.

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Communicating with artists around the world.

Postby SNAKEBITE » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:52 pm

I have the pleasure of knowing lots of creators. From all around the world. I love social media and message boards/platforms like these that assist in us sharing ideas and feelings.

B.A.N.G. is a mix martial artist, vocalist, music producer, performance artist from the Netherlands. We talk occasionally and he inspires the hell out of me. One of his achievements is getting water to 25 thousand people in need. So he's a humanitarian as well.

Here's an interview he did based off a series of questions I sent him. I put in a couple of silly ones for the hell of it and he even answered those. Good stuff.

Check it. He speaks words of wisdom from a true warrior.

also, heres the questions I sent since the style of interview doesn't allow you to hear the questions.

-Whats been the biggest challenge when carving your own path?
-What are motivations for you to keep moving to your goals?
-What inspires your words in your tracks and the subject matter in your performance art pieces?
-Did you always know you were a vocalist/producer?
-Did training in Muay Thai influence your music and/or business decisions at all? If so, how so?
-Who are your heros?
-What are three immediate goals in your life intent?
-In regards to moving towards personal evolution, what was one of the hardest things you had to do?
-What other aspects of art as a lifestyle/business does one have to consider outside of doing the art?
-What music are you listening to right now?
-What do you think of the current business dynamic in the music industry?
-Do you actually see advantages to the social media platforms and crowd fundings on the web?
-Do you apply your fighting and creative fundamentals in other aspects of your life? How?
-Any other projects of yours we might not be exposed to that you would like more attention on?
-Whats up with Boy? He seems to be everywhere you go. Is he your spirit animal?
-Tupac or Biggie?
-Do you think we're connected to each other through the space between us?
- God or god?
-Captain Crunch or Cocoa Puffs?

SNAKEBITE

Re: Communicating with artists around the world.

Postby SNAKEBITE » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:53 pm

here's some of his music

SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:09 pm

That's cool! You interviewed him!

I know just where this man is coming from. I like what he has to say about being true to yourself and staying healthy and I also feel sorry for him cuz I see myself in B.A.N.G. in many ways. I have the same struggles when it comes to things like dealing with mean and rude people and LA has more than its share. He says he fights the urge to knock someone out when he encounters their attitudes. Man I know just what he goes through in his mind. ;) :lol:

Anyway if you could send along greetings and salutations from AN and his brethren and sistren from this area of the animation community next time you communicate I'd be appreciative of it.

Rock on B.A.N.G.

Peace and love to you!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:29 pm

I will, brother C! I know he will appreciate it and I knew you'd appreciate him. I had mad respect for him as an artist and getting to know him a little more with our correspondence makes me respect him as a man, brother. He inspires me on many levels. As do you!
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:16 pm

here's some spoken word by my poet warrior friend from overseas.

He even quotes me in it.."Where's the law that says we have to follow their laws"

SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:00 pm

B.A.N.G. lives it on many levels. Living art.
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:03 am

Man, this is someone I would love to have at my side in any situation. ;)

Tell Brother B.A.N.G. that he's at his best when he smiles... :D

Thanks for posting these videos bro!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:14 pm

He appreciated your well wishes and told me "i am honored, send my best wishes back"
SNAKEBITE

Postby sorryguyz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 pm

And equally important is the ability to connect with audiences around the world.

This is the power of the internet.

Now your fanbase is global. The potential is amazing.

Studios have already known this for quite some time because most of their profits for blockbuster films are made internationally. Now the layman has access to the internet and the world as well so it will soon level the playing field.
sorryguyz

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:57 pm

INDEED. B.A.N.G. can't even relate to the industry of old cuz he's been so focused on the new. Something we can take note.
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion