animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

'The Golem' - Moonbot - Kickstarter

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

'The Golem' - Moonbot - Kickstarter

Postby Charles » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:30 am

I like seeing studios turning to crowdfunding for financing their projects. Here's another one that's tossed their hat into the ring.

Moonbot Studios in Shreveport, Louisiana is prepping their next video game. It's called "The Golem" and it's looks pretty darn good. Known for their Oscar winning short "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore" and located far from New York and LA the team at Moonbot is looking to raise $750,000 to get The Golem going as a console video game.

The campaign wraps up on March 26 2013. So far they have...

644 backers pledging $26,353 with 46 days to go.

Here's the link to the campaign...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/132 ... -the-golem

And here's some video describing the project. Good luck Moonbot!

Daily Z

Charles

Re: 'The Golem' - Moonbot - Kickstarter

Postby Charles » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 am

Here's a first! At least I think it's a first. Don't recall seeing a crowdfunding campaign promoted for the sake of supporting it prior to its successful funding except when a controversy can be conjured up.

There's an animation media site besides us that's featuring Moonbot's "The Golem" Kickstarter campaign besides us!

And it's Animation Magazine of course! To make it even better the author of the article is Mercedes Milligan who was my student as a teenager at my school.

Here's the article...

http://www.animationmagazine.net/gaming ... olem-game/

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion