animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

SPOTLIGHT: CSI Season Opener, FAMILY AFFAIR by Zoic Studios

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

SPOTLIGHT: CSI Season Opener, FAMILY AFFAIR by Zoic Studios

Postby EAllen » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:23 am

Um, last season, but Zoic won an Emmy for it this year.

Thanks to Stash Media for the link.

Some say the CSI sequence was a element-for-element ripoff of this--

On this Zoic vs. Phillips CAROUSEL matter, I don't really have anything to add other than to say there's a fine line between inspiration and imitation.
EAllen

Re: SPOTLIGHT: CSI Season Opener, FAMILY AFFAIR by Zoic Stud

Postby EAllen » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 pm

I'm gonna cheat a little again by folding a profile of Stink Digital into this Zoic one, due to the somewhat-related content.

Created for Philips to showcase a recent product launch of theirs, their line of Cinema 21:9 LCD TVs, Carousel was a groundbreaking spot in that it was fully interactive, contained easter eggs galore and was extremely ambitious for the small Stink Digital. They were, rightfully, showered with industry awards for Carousel.

And, ultimately, "ripped off" by Zoic when the style was used for the initial minutes of last year's CSI season opener, Family Affair.

stink1.JPG

Link to the Director's Cut on the Stink Digital site is below . . .

http://www.stinkdigital.com/work/carousel-directors-cut

Link to Stink Digital home page:

http://www.stinkdigital.com/
EAllen

Postby Charles » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:41 am

Man, that's some amazing stuff. All of the SPOTLIGHTs you're featuring EAllen are really informative and educational as well. You're providing us a window into FX that we wouldn't normally experience. Thanks very much and looking forward to the new things you bring to our knowledge of the medium.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby EAllen » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks Charles!

I'm flooded with material, in-between my own work-- which I will be posting on here as well.

Feels like I haven't even scratched the surface yet!
EAllen

Return to General Discussion