animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Want an agent / manager? Be entrepreneurial with content

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Want an agent / manager? Be entrepreneurial with content

Postby Charles » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:47 pm

I was informed of a panel discussion that went down over at the Animation Guild in Burbank. I'm surprised to learn that the Guild leadership and other prominent figures in animation weren't yelling at their guests from the podium or flipping them off. Perhaps there's hope for some professional maturity from these guys but I'm not betting on it.

In any case, it occurred last Tuesday evening January 29 2013 and involved a couple of agent/ managers. You can read up on it and what they had to say here where the union's business rep Steve "you can't change law" Hulett transcribes.

Check out what they have to say folks. They're not interested in representing artists who are looking for jobs. It you were around in the 1990s you'll recall that was the rage among agents and managers. Finding employment for their clients.

Now it's all about being entrepreneurial and creating your own content.

Not working at a studio job.

CREATING CONTENT

That's who they're looking for. Content creators who have momentum going with their projects. Read what they have to say.

I've been acutely aware of this trend for some time. It may even sink in with the union. It's not just about work for hire. That's a dead end road in and of itself. The area of growth is our business is creative entrepreneurialism. Is that a word? It is now! 8-)

Well, thanks for sharing that Guild guys. All the artists who are working free overtime at your studios will appreciate it. ;)

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Want an agent / manager? Be entrepreneurial with content

Postby SNAKEBITE » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Wow..good stuff
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion