animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Stop Motion inspired by Magritte

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Stop Motion inspired by Magritte

Postby DoubleG » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:12 pm

My latest stop motion experiment. I used a Pentax Optio M10 camera and Stopmotion Pro software. The inspiration came from the famous painting by René Magritte. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images
I made it after I had seen a number of his surreal paintings during my visit at a museum. I got this crazy idea in my head and wanted to see if it would turn out nice. You decide!

Comments are appreciated!
DoubleG

Re: Stop Motion inspired by Magritte

Postby Charles » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:59 pm

Nice job! Appealing ambiance. Like the colors plus your animation is good for a medium as exacting as stop motion. I like how the concept was inspired by art. Enjoyed the video and thanks for posting.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Stop Motion inspired by Magritte

Postby DoubleG » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:44 am

@Charles Thanks :P
DoubleG

Return to A.N. Gallery