animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

It's on the way

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

It's on the way

Postby Charles » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:37 am

The past few months have been very inspiring!

In late May I started a personal art blog for the first time. I publish daily and have developed a foundation and consistent traffic.

Since the summer I've seen astonishing and widespread crowdfunding success on many vibrant projects.

Momentum continues to build for Internet based content.

All of this is fueling a creative fervor in me and I'm in the midst of a push on a masterwork I've been nurturing for a long time. Looking to start sharing with the world next month in January 2013!

:D :D :D

Daily Z

Charles

Re: It's on the way

Postby Charles » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:43 am

This is a magnum opus. I'm very proud of it.

You're gonna love the show. There's nothing like it and it'll take up all of 2013. That's how much content is coming.

Anxious to share!

Target date for launch next month in January 2013. I'll be hyping it more as the time draws near. 8-)

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:18 am

I mentioned this upcoming project on my blog and posted the following in response to a comment from a follower who's looking forward to seeing it...

I've been working on it intensely as of late. Excited to be at the point where I can finally share it with everyone.

It's starting out as an online comic. I have enough content completed where I can publish a page a day for several months and more progress is made all the time. This is going to be very different. I don't think there's anything that can quite compare to it. Especially considering its history.

One of the things I'm most enthusiastic about is that there's nobody in my way. With virtually every project I've ever done no matter where it was or who I was working with I always had to modify things or dumb it down or compromise. In every instance it affected the quality of what I was doing and what I was trying to achieve and not necessarily for the better. Very few situations if any gave me the freedom and latitude to really do my best. Everything was controlled to one degree or another and almost always turned into something lesser than what it could have been.

This project is pure. From the quality of the art to its production standards to the characters and story there's nothing between me and what I'm doing and the fans and audience. The path between the project and the public is completely clear and open. I'm confident you'll see how this affects the entertainment experience.

None of this would be possible without the Internet and the current environment for creating. I'm so glad there's a pure method of communication and distribution of content I can't begin to tell you. I talk about it all the time in class when I'm teaching and to anyone who's willing to listen. The age we're in for content creation has no precedent and I'm focusing the rest of my career to taking full advantage of it.

Anyway, it'll all come out once this gets going and you'll see what I'm getting at.

A New Day is on the way!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:57 am

Just a few minutes ago I reached a milestone goal with my creative productivity. To say it's been a lot of work is a gross understatement but I'm at the point with my content where I feel comfortable about publishing.

I have 10 chapters of an online comic ready to go. I can feed a page a day for several months while I continue to prepare new material to follow up for a longer period of time.

It's simple but it's effective and best of all it's a story that's fun and hopefully folks will like what they see and get into it.

Looking good for a January 2013 launch!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:23 pm

I'm working on a monumental achievement. :)

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Indeed you are!!
Fist high!
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:23 pm

This is gonna kick some serious ass... :mrgreen:

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:00 am

Hello there folks. Been working on the project very intensely day and night around the clock and I'm almost finished with the massive body of material I've been striving to complete. Just a few more days before I'm at the point where I can begin to move forward with promotion and featuring it online.

Man this is a real marathon! The finish line is just up ahead right within sight! :)

Daily Z

Charles

Postby pkotvi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:47 am

All the very best Charles!
pkotvi

Postby Charles » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:59 pm

DID IT !!!

Just finished this monumentally massive amount of artwork!

Was looking to complete everything by the end of January and got it done with an hour and five minutes to spare!

PHEW !!!

Man, now I can get back to my life and better yet...

Build a character based franchise online !!!

KEEP CREATING

:D :D :D :D :D

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion