animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2012

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2012

Postby Charles » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am

This is the 14th Christmas I've experienced on AN and would like to extend my very best personal wishes to everyone in the community for happiness and peace. :)

As I am in the custom of doing on this day especially since Internet video became available to link to and embed I would like to share a little Christmas music. Maybe a little out of the ordinary realm.

I like to start with a traditional hymn from the Eastern Church in the Greek language. Something very old and among the first Christmas carols. This title of this is "Christ is Born"...

Following up with something I discovered in the past cuouple of years. Perhaps one of the most beautiful songs ever written. It's from the Western Church and is called "O Magnum Mystrium" which translated from the Latin means "O Great Mystery"...

Daily Z

Charles

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS 2012

Postby Charles » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:33 am

Something new that went online recently. Here's a video from Moist Creation in Berlin...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:44 am

Here's a video with a mission. This is from Royale which is a motion design and production studio in Hollywood. This is called "The Bell Ringer" and there's a charitable campaign associated with it...

Tis the season to be helping. Please help Royale raise $10,000 for The American Red Cross benefiting those on the east coast affected by Hurricane Sandy. Stick around after the movie is done to find out how you can help or click the link weareroyale.com/thebellringer.

If Royale meets their goal on January 11th, 2013 they will post a continuation of the story!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:18 pm

I love Christmas! Love it love it love it! The most beautiful day of the year!

Peace On Earth! :)

Take a moment to enjoy this timeless classic of an animated film. From Walt Disney's Fantasia. Still a marvel to behold some 73 years after it was made!

Tchaikovsky's "Waltz of the Flowers" from " The Nutcracker" / Autumn and Winter...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:48 pm

A carol from the American Gospel tradition. We know that this was sung at least as far back as 1865 and very likely well before that...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Looking for a solid dose of spiritual inspiration? Look no further than this rousing rendition of the song which needs no introduction.

From Radio City Music Hall NYC in 2004, the Johann Strauss Orchestra and the Harlem Gospel Choir...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:01 am

Here's a new video for Christmas featuring Cummulus & Nimbus courtesy of WeThinkThings...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:46 pm

This looks to have been done by Bento Box which is the studio that does "Bob's Burgers" for FOX. Incidentally they're on the next block over from us here in Burbank.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion