animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

LA Insanes

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

LA Insanes

Postby Charles » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:09 am

If I were to name a new sports team in Los Angeles I think I'd call them the Out-of-our-friggen-minds.

Next on my list would be the weasels. The crazy weasels. This town is full of both.

So many people in Los Angeles are mentally ill that insanity is looked upon as the norm. Somewhere along the line they lost it. People in this town can't resolve issues rationally and courteously and with common sense. That's why there's more lawsuits per capita in LA than any other major city in the United States.

It's not trendy to be a human being. :D

Maybe it's the drugs, or all the people who grew up in broken families, the poor education, the Hollywood vibe, the worship of materialism, the warped values, whatever it is, you really gotta dig to build a community of level headed people.

Of course nice folks are here, but there's more than a fair share of mean spirited basket cases. I recently returned from a trip to the heartland of the US. What a contrast in behavior. You really need love in your heart and patience to mentally survive in LA.

Los Angeles is fun with the studios and all, and it's exciting to be around the center of the animation scene with so many talented people. But it's an oasis in a desert of sick minds. I don't blame people at all for looking to get production work done in remote locations. Anything to get away from here for even a little while.

Anyway, I'll feel better about it tomorrow. Just been one of those days. ;)

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion