animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

'Dumb Ways to Die' music video

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

'Dumb Ways to Die' music video

Postby Charles » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Clever, hilarious, catchy and ingenious wit. That's what I think of this marvelous animated music video that's out on YouTube. In two days it's captured 569,592 views as of this writing. Turns out it's a public service message from the Australian Metro. Here's the official website for "Dumb Ways to Die". You can download the song on iTunes or Soundcloud. There's also a site for animated GIFs.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: 'Dumb Ways to Die' music video

Postby Charles » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:27 am

This cartoon premiered on the Web just a few days ago on November 14. When I posted on November 17 it had 569,592 views.

Know how many it has now as of this writing on November 29?

How about 28,711,407 YouTube views!

That's more than the population of many countries! How many people have viewed any particular episode of something on Cartoon Network in that time. I'll bet you it doesn't come close to what this simple animated video did over the past two weeks.

We're in a new and exciting age! The old guard can watch as the rest of the world ramps up and passes them by! :)

Here's the follow up. It's called "Cool Things To Find"...

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion