animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Grumpy Gary in "Dog Daze"

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Grumpy Gary in "Dog Daze"

Postby Yorb_Boss » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:05 am

http://darren-campbell.blogspot.co.uk/

I am currently working on an animation entitled "Dog Daze" a follow-up animation to my first animation named "Come Fly With Me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cujl0MRevq0

The story is about a character named Gary who is quite an angry individual. As he tries to get some sleep he is pestered by the unrelenting barking of a dog from outside.

I have pretty much just started work on the animation but will be posting updates here aswell as on my blog. Through this I hope nto receive decent feedback and criticism of the work in order to improve, I'd really appreciate your help. Thank you, Darren.
Yorb_Boss

Re: Grumpy Gary in "Dog Daze"

Postby Charles » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Here's the embedded video...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:24 pm

A noble attempt and congrats on completing the video. The area I feel needs attention is towards the end where the scenes don't hook up and the continuity is affected. Music is good and the slapstick humor is something to build on as is the simplicity of design. Thanks for posting on the forums! Looking forward to the follow up.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby creative » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:21 pm

I agree with Charles :D - Great job with the animation however! I am also looking forward to the follow up.
creative

Postby Yorb_Boss » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:20 am

Thank you for the replies, they really help encourage me to continue.

I know what you mean about the continuity towards the end, which is quite right. As it was part of my uni project, the end was rushed in order to meet the deadline.

I will post updates soon, thanks.
Yorb_Boss

Postby Yorb_Boss » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:43 pm

http://darren-campbell.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/animatic-scene-one.html

Just a little update. The above link is to my blog, specifically to a rough animatic for the first scene of "Dog Daze."

Feedback at this stage would be terrific, particularly suggestions on what I could perhaps add to the scene...Or pretty much any suggestions you may have for me at all.

Thank you guys!
Yorb_Boss

Postby Car t00n » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:14 pm

i like it so far! Clear and understandable.

Something to add might be some body movements from 0:01-0:06, right now only his head is moving, maybe try to add some subtle body movements and see how it works!
Car t00n

Postby Yorb_Boss » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:19 am

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've just become a father and so been quite busy the past couple weeks. Thanks for the suggestions, what sort of body movements do you think?

Thanks
Yorb_Boss

Postby Yorb_Boss » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:33 pm

I have began working on my project again and have just finished working on the background.

Here is the link to the shot: [url="http://darren-campbell.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/colouring-garys-living-room.html"]http://darren-campbell.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/colouring-garys-living-room.html[/url]

The colouring is what I feel I need the most help with. Any suggestions you guys can give on what colours would perhaps be better suited to certain objects would be greatly appreciated. Any other suggestions for improvements you have for anything would also be more than appreciated.

Thanks!
Yorb_Boss

Postby Charles » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:27 am

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Ellorioh » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:51 am

Your Grumpy Gary video looks funny. Somehow reminds me of the sound effects from the classic cartoons animated films of the 90s. :)
Ellorioh

Postby Car t00n » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Cool to see this project keep progressing

One thing to keep in mind in your backgrounds is perspective, Especially for the chair in this case. Both sides are the same size in the colored final one.

It doesn't look right right, the farther one away from the camera has to be a bit smaller- like in this picture

Keep it up!
Car t00n

Postby Yorb_Boss » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:01 pm

I've been really busy the past few weeks, having started back at university and having a newborn baby. Here's where I am at the moment with the project, there's a few things that are off in a couple of the frames but this is basically what I have before I go over and do the final animation, let me know what you think!

http://youtu.be/E-HA3_xyzow
Yorb_Boss

Postby Charles » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Here's the embedded video. Congrats on your baby!

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery