animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Larry Whitaker's '7 Right Ons' Kickstarter campaign

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Larry Whitaker's '7 Right Ons' Kickstarter campaign

Postby Charles » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:58 am

From animation industry veteran Larry Whitaker...

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Our Kickstarter Campaign is live! Help Now - click here!

As many on this email probably know, I’ve been working (around the clock) on a kids’ edutainment website for quite a while now. In March, we partnered with Retro Bill, the #1, K-12 motivational speaker in the U.S. and Canada, to help us introduce our brand and characters into schools. Together, we are creating a live action/animation DVD called The 7 RIGHT ONs of Good Character.

This project started off as a simple kids’ edutainment DVD, on a topic that teachers request of Retro Bill on a regular basis. However, my client’s connections have garnered us the creative talents of animation professionals who we would not have otherwise afforded. After 7 months of hard work, we came to a crossroads, we had to make a decision to follow the original budget or take a leap of faith and make an exceptional DVD that will engage kids AND capture the attention of a studio. Our long term goal is an animated television series.

As my client Tammy says, “In for a nickel, in for a dime! Go first class or don’t go at all!” So here we are, knocking on the doors of our family and friends to help us with a Kickstarter Project.

But here’s the catch … it’s all or nothing. If we fall short of our goal, we don’t get a single penny! So that means we have to ask for support any where we can. Friends, family, friends of friends, friends of family, colleagues, neighbors, strangers … anyone and everyone! We have 45 days to complete the task so we need to move quickly.

I’m asking you to make a pledge to our project, but not on blind faith! This link will take you to our profile page where you can view a short video & see more about the project and THEN decide if you want to do it! Help Now - click here!

Our goal is pretty simple. We need 2,140 people to donate at least $27 which will get you a copy of the DVD or we will donate a copy to a school on your behalf. As you can imagine, I’d be incredibly grateful for any “word of mouth”, Facebook, or Twitter you can give our Kickstarter campaign!

If anyone feels compelled to pledge more than $27, we’re offering a number of exclusive rewards that include being in the DVD itself, receiving signed hand drawings and more!

On the flip side, I know times are financially challenging for a lot of us these days so if you can pledge a $1 or $7 to show your support, that’s appreciated as well!

Thank you everyone, have a great day!

Larry

KICKSTARTER

If you haven’t heard of Kickstarter, it’s a funding platform for creative projects; everything from films, games, and music to art, design, and technology. It’s been featured on NPR, CNN, in the New York Times, Time Magazine & on the BBC. Since Kickstarter’s launch in 2009, more than 2.5 million people have pledged over $350 million which funded more than 30,000 creative projects.

Friends, strangers and interested parties donate $1 - $10,000 to projects they’d like to see flourish and in return, are given various rewards; including some tangible and some not so tangible rewards. There are even folks who have managed to raise 10 Million dollars for their project! But don’t worry, we are only looking for $57,777!

Click this link to read more about Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kic ... learn_more

--

http://www.larrywhitakerproductions.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0926444/

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion