animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

'Book of Rhymes - Part 1' by Distrakt

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

'Book of Rhymes - Part 1' by Distrakt

Postby Charles » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:23 am

We heard from DISTRAKT and his new animated video "Book of Rhymes - Part 1" which is the animated pilot episode for the series.

Here's the video followed by a press release...

Distrakt scuffs up his visuals on the animated Hip Hop punk-funk fantasy BOOK OF RHYMES.

Emcee and animator Distrakt, the wizard of odd who’s been yearning to do an animated series has completed his first installment that is self produced, written, directed, composed, illustrated and animated all by Distrakt. “When I was growing up reading underground comics and Heavy Metal magazines, listening to Big Daddy Kane, The Wu-Tang Clan, Michael Jackson, watching movies by Ray Harryhausen, Ralph Bakshi and George Lucus,” Distrakt says, “I knew I had been elevated and was determined to deliver my own visual and musical experiments one day. I have daydreams of launching a show on Adult Swim.” Book of Rhymes a dazzling spellbinder with blistering beats that will have you wiggle in your seat.

He also created a video game for the webisode (http://www.distrakt.com/video_game_lite ... hymes.html) and he lets you share in developing it with him by sending your suggestions. A one-man army that says “I enjoy working by myself, but to have a team would be fantastic!”

http://www.distrakt.com

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery